“Father's Office: Burger's and Brew”
Review of Father's Office

Father's Office
Ranked #1,564 of 10,306 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Westside
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Two Office Burgers and two drinks: 1) Scottish Beer; 2) Pear Cider. One order of frites.

The fries are the shoestring style, nicely seasoned, served with aioli (no ketchup: I think it's considered gauche here), The fries are unsatisfying if you like the traditional style large-to-wedge fries.

The burger is great: juicy, flavorful, adorned with a few sprigs of edible greenery. Nice sauce.

The beer was similar to Guinness, though without the watered-down quality of most draught Guinness. Other Scottish beers I have had in America present themselves as anemic. This had some body to it.

I can't speak to the Pear Cider: I stole a sip while my wife was down the hall. I don't really care for ciders.

My wife, the lunch Nazi, instructed beforehand: "We are going to get burgers and drinks, and we can share the fries [even without ketchup]. That's just what we are going to do!" Vee haf vays uhf making you eat. (She didn't really say that.)

Just under $60.00 (incl. tip) out-the-door. Not what we would normally pay for lunch, but, hey(!), it's the first day of summer vacation!

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

My daughter and her boyfriend just moved into the neighborhood and my son, his girlfriend, my husband, and I helped them move into their new place. Once we finished, we went to this establishment for lunch. Big beer selection, but besides that, not much else to rave about. It is ridiculous that they cannot remove blue cheese "because the chef doesn't agree" with this. We were told the blue cheese was light so we ordered 2 burgers medium and 1 medium rare. We ended up getting 3 rare burgers. When we brought this up to the server he said the chef believes the burger should be cooked this way. Why ask how you want the burger cooked if they only serve it one way? The service was horrible! The eggplant appetizer was good and my daughter said the duck confit salad was good. Guessing the "chef" thinks he's an upcoming "Gordon Ramsay", but this world only needs Chef Ramsay!! Plenty of people come for the burgers but we will never come back (too many great restaurants in So Cal who actually want our business), and we will tell anyone and everyone not to go there.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Very good beer selection, tasty food. The staff were friendly. However, this place is unorthodox in some ways. First, the menu has small plates and only four actual entrees. We found the selection limited. Second, you have to go to the bar to order your drinks and food. After screaming your order to the bartender, you have the option of paying on the spot or keeping a tab open and making your way to the bar again later to pay. The staff coming to the table were friendly, but don't expect a lot of attention. If you order fries, beware that the place does not serve ketchup!!!

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch when shopping next door. Were given a menu and told it was open seating and to order at the bar. When we ordered the burger my wife wanted no bacon jam on hers and was told that was not possible it had to have the jam. She ordered a cocktail and wanted it on the rocks and was told it could not be served that way; he gave her a glass of ice, but wouldn't pour the drink wine on the ice (bizarre?). No effort was made be the person taking the order to be helpful or friendly; actually he was rude and condescending. My burger was ordered medium well, but arrived medium rare. Needless to say we will never go back. No explanation for why an item can't be left off a burger--we weren't asking for any extra effort on their part.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

I've always wanted to eat at Father's Office but have never had the chance until a recent trip to LA. I had always imagined it as a burger place because that's what everyone talks about so I was surprised so see so many other items on the menu. The burger was good and so was everything else we tried. I don't care about their avowed hatred of catsup or that you can't customize the burger but a Southern California establishment should serve iced tea. Their non-alcolholic drink list is sad and doesn't match the rest of the great food and drink.