“Good reputation- maybe needs qualification ”
Review of Father's Office

Father's Office
Ranked #1,422 of 10,254 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Westside
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Went for the well advertised burger.
1) no deletions or substitutions
2) medium order arrived slightly less than medium rare.
3) fries shoestring but tasteless even with parsley. Also first batch came cold.
4) beer selection outstanding though.
5) son had lamb skewers-excellent.
6) would not return for burger. One and done.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

First, I don't under the concept of having a restaurant/bar and you offer NO table services to take your order. I would think you would sell more if you had waiters and waitresses. I would of ordered more beer.
Next, they have a good selection of beers but the beer pours are in 12 oz glasses (not 16 oz, the norm) and are expensive. The food also has the same theme. Small portions and pricey. Lastly, how can you not offer ketchup?

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Ok, I admit I am a fan of hard apple cider; especially when it's on tap.
Father's Office is one of few bars that has it around here.
A glass of Schillings Cider and eggplants fritters ring up at about $12 at Fathers Office. Coming back here.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

This place has a great feel and is perfect for drinks with friends.
If you're planning to eat, be sure to look at the menu before you go.
It's very limited and they will make no exceptions or modification in any way to any item.
Not only that, they seem a bit proud of the fact that the options are 'take it or leave it.'
There is also no table service so you'll need to go to the bar each time you want a drink.

The atmosphere is comfortable and we still had a fun time. I'd recommend Fathers Office for drinks but not dinner, especially in LA where there are endless restaurant choices.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Two Office Burgers and two drinks: 1) Scottish Beer; 2) Pear Cider. One order of frites.

The fries are the shoestring style, nicely seasoned, served with aioli (no ketchup: I think it's considered gauche here), The fries are unsatisfying if you like the traditional style large-to-wedge fries.

The burger is great: juicy, flavorful, adorned with a few sprigs of edible greenery. Nice sauce.

The beer was similar to Guinness, though without the watered-down quality of most draught Guinness. Other Scottish beers I have had in America present themselves as anemic. This had some body to it.

I can't speak to the Pear Cider: I stole a sip while my wife was down the hall. I don't really care for ciders.

My wife, the lunch Nazi, instructed beforehand: "We are going to get burgers and drinks, and we can share the fries [even without ketchup]. That's just what we are going to do!" Vee haf vays uhf making you eat. (She didn't really say that.)

Just under $60.00 (incl. tip) out-the-door. Not what we would normally pay for lunch, but, hey(!), it's the first day of summer vacation!