“Great place to hang out on a pretty day”
Review of Perch

Perch
Reserve with OpenTable
Perch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 10,357 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 5th Street
Transit: Perch can be easily accessed by Metro train, at the Pershing Square stop. Just as you come out of the station we are located on the corner of 5th and Hill.
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Perch has one of the most gorgeous views of Downtown, Los Angeles, especially during a sunset, that my husband, Omid Moradshahi and I love to spend date nights. We love their Filet Mignon Au Poivre with a parsnip and potato puree, asparagus, herbs, mushroom ragout, and bordelaise sauce. Omid Moradshahi and I also love the the roasted beet salad with with blue cheese and the boeuf bordelaise. Omid Moradshahi and I like to come here on the weekdays, to avoid the weekend crowds. The wild mushroom risotto also is very tasty... Also, try their steak frites, goes great with some of their drinks!

Some of my husband, Omid Moradshahi and I's favorite drinks: My Fair Lady and The French Maid...Drinks are about $15 each, but pretty standard for this type of venue, and again, worth for the roof top ambiance.

-Marjaneh Moradshahi

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

The as soon as you go in the building the staff is already greeting you and opening the elevator for you. As soon as you come out you see a very unique view of DTLA. We received our drinks and meal very quickly. Food overall was exquisite! Very affordable place with a great vibe.
Definitely going back!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

The dinner and happy hour at Perch was good. I tried the filet mignon, truffle fries, and bouillabaisse. My favorites were the bouillabaisse and truffle fries; the filet was good but nothing extraordinary. Perch has an interesting view of Los Angeles - it's right in the heart of downtown with other high rises around; you feel like a bird "perching" on the edge of a Los Angeles high rise. We had to take two elevators to get to the restaurant and waited in line for both of those elevators. I think this place is best for the cocktails and bar. The food is sound, but nothing very memorable; however, I'll remember the interesting view of Los Angeles.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Located in an historic building in downtown L.A., you take an old elevator up to the top floor and then walk 2 more stories to the restaurant. This is not a typical L.A. spot; it is a combination of live band bar and fine dining establishment. You walk through the bar area to get to the restaurant, much of which is outdoors (with a retractable roof and portable heaters, if needed). The bar has one of the more eclectic crowds I have seen in town: young, old, tattooed, cross-dressers, and everything in-between. It also had a very nice cross-section of all races. The outdoor dining area has a nice view of downtown and is much quieter than indoors. Service was casual and our wait person was very knowledgeable about both the food and wines. Service throughout the meal was timely and unobtrusive. We were a party of two. Restaurant has a full bar and drink prices were average for an upscale place. We started to two truly excellent appetizers: pork belly and baked brie. A great start to the meal. Entrees included steak frites and Little Bunny (ravioli of rabbit), along with a side of truffle poutine, all of which were excellent. We ended with two desserts: an almond cake (just good, not great, as it had an odd texture even though the flavor was good) and pot de crème (excellent). Definitely a restaurant that will be on my list to come back to in the not-to-distant future.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Really great! Lovely table on the patio, tasty food, reasonable prices - and a great live band plus a rooftop terrace one floor above the restaurant! Definitely would recommend.