“Best coffee!”
Review of Short Cake Bakery - CLOSED

Short Cake Bakery
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I've only had the coffee here so i can't speak for their pastries. But their coffee is amazing! I highly recommend it. I got the Americano and it's probably one of the best I've ever had! Their outdoor seating is limited at the bar but there's plenty of other tables lying around.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

First things first, yes you will pay a bit for your coffee; although, in the age of Starbucks I imagine we've become inured to paying a pretty penny for coffee. Unlike Starbucks, however, this coffee really cannot be beat. We stumbled across this coffee shop when we first visited the Farmers Market and it became our go-to stop every morning to get a great cup to start our day.

I can heartily recommend the Lattes as they are very good coffees that also use, I believe, local dairy milk. It makes for a wonderful coffee. I also recommend going with the straight latte (rather than the sweet one) as they have simple syrup available to easily sweeten up your drink. I also can recommend their espresso as it is of very fine quality, especially if you get the single-country selection, and has great flavor.

Short Cake also has a wide selection of pastries and bakery goods. Everything from ham and cheese croissants to twice-baked almond croissants, gluten-free corn muffins, and chocolate tarts. A great selection and some very fine bakery goods.

All in all a great start. My personal recommendation - get a latte with whole milk and enjoy the coffee, but take a walk over to Bob's Coffee and Doughnuts to get the best of both worlds. Incredible coffee from Short Cake and doughnuts that can't be beat.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Excellent selection of croissants, pies, morning rolls, cookies in this famous market place in the fairfax area of Los Angeles. Don't miss this area if visiting LA., You have the Farmers market with its wonderful food stalls and the elegant turn of the century look of the Grove shopping area.Nearby museums make this a wonderful place to spend the day and the short cake bakery is one of the best in the US. Excellent crusts, great fillings, scrumptious; everything I tried. Expensive but absolutely worth it. I bought 5 pieces of different items and the bill was $20.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

This small bakery is a great find in the Farmer's Market. Advice, park in The Grove garage. This tiny place has really unique sweets. All are made fresh daily. The ginger mollasses cookies are the best. Go early, as most goods are sold out quickly. Greet place for a cookie and coffee break after or before shopping.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

While we were walking around the farmer's market, we saw a line in front of this cafe. Then I saw those great looking pastries displays.. I could not resist. Finally, we ordered a piece of Apple Pie to share (it is $5).. I never like Apple Pie. But this one is exceptionally good. I wish that I could have tried the cakes and other pastries. They all look delicious. I am very sure that I will try more next time when I am in LA.