“They serve Verve coffee”
Review of Short Cake Bakery - CLOSED

Short Cake Bakery
Reviewed 9 April 2015

Verve coffee is from Santa Cruz and so am I , and I justo happened to be wearing my Verve t shirt when I stumbled on this place in the Farmers Market. So happy to have my local brew served by some really nice people in a great location. Their pastries looked amazing but I wasn't hungry.

Reviewed 8 January 2015 via mobile

The prices are a bit steep but the do make decent coffees. We did repeat our visits here albeit there are other coffee places we could have tried.

Reviewed 19 December 2014

Very good bakery with amazing stuff.
I LOVE their Rustic Apple Pie !!!
I also tried their Sweet Pear Pie and their Sesame Fig Scone.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I've only had the coffee here so i can't speak for their pastries. But their coffee is amazing! I highly recommend it. I got the Americano and it's probably one of the best I've ever had! Their outdoor seating is limited at the bar but there's plenty of other tables lying around.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

First things first, yes you will pay a bit for your coffee; although, in the age of Starbucks I imagine we've become inured to paying a pretty penny for coffee. Unlike Starbucks, however, this coffee really cannot be beat. We stumbled across this coffee shop when we first visited the Farmers Market and it became our go-to stop every morning to get a great cup to start our day.

I can heartily recommend the Lattes as they are very good coffees that also use, I believe, local dairy milk. It makes for a wonderful coffee. I also recommend going with the straight latte (rather than the sweet one) as they have simple syrup available to easily sweeten up your drink. I also can recommend their espresso as it is of very fine quality, especially if you get the single-country selection, and has great flavor.

Short Cake also has a wide selection of pastries and bakery goods. Everything from ham and cheese croissants to twice-baked almond croissants, gluten-free corn muffins, and chocolate tarts. A great selection and some very fine bakery goods.

All in all a great start. My personal recommendation - get a latte with whole milk and enjoy the coffee, but take a walk over to Bob's Coffee and Doughnuts to get the best of both worlds. Incredible coffee from Short Cake and doughnuts that can't be beat.