“Amazing steak”

Mercado Buenos Aires
Ranked #776 of 10,877 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Argentinian
Reviewed 25 December 2015 via mobile

What a great find by my wife. Right here in the San Fernando valley. This Argentinian super market serves some of the best food you can get without going to Argentina.
The filet mignon with black pepper sauce was awesome. My wife got the provoletta and a empanada. Everything was great.
We will be back.

Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

I was introduced to this place years ago by a dear friend who vouched for its authenticity. It was great then, still is. My memory from about 2005 was that I had never had a REAL cappuccino until I went here. And the Milanesa was incredible.

I was in town a couple of weeks ago, decided that I needed to go here for lunch in memory of my friend, now gone. Just as I remembered it.

Tables, a lunch counter, deli counter, bakery counter, small market. Lots of people enjoying themselves. Even with my minimal Spanish I enjoyed ordering and having lunch. And the prices are still low!

Only drawback is parking. I don't even bother looking for a space in the tiny lot, but park on the side street.

If nothing else, pick up some empanadas and a box of cookies.

Reviewed 29 June 2015

This is my favorite Argentinian Steakhouse in Los Angeles, even in the entire US. You can get Parilla for two for less than $20. The steaks are great and reasonably priced. they have daily specials as well. they have milanesa as well as steak sandwiches. Their empanadas are dirt cheap for 2 a piece and are a decent size. They also have a deli and a little side store. I don't live in la anymore but every time I come back I have to eat here. I love the blood sausages here. They always seem to have Argentinian soccer playing on tv.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

Business meal with co-workers; family style seating with really good Argentine style cooking. We went for the mixed meat BBQ and it is fantastic. Several different types of beef cuts, including ribs, beef under the rib section, regular sausages, blood sausages, intestines; served with fries and salad. The meat was all delicious, reasonably priced with soccer playing on the tv's over the counter area. They also have emanadas and I think i saw an escarole pie. Will definitely be back with my Family.

Reviewed 5 May 2015

Great services, the environment looks as if you were in Argentina, the owner is such a humble man who works just like any other worker. They serve you in a timely manner, the prices are cheap and the food delicious. If you are still hungry, you can order things to take home since they have a bakery with Argentine bread; they also have a butcher's shop and treats from Argentina. I would definitely have to stop there from now on!