“Worth every penny”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Neighbourhood: Westside
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I'm very glad a Japanese business associate took us out that night, because the total for our omakase (chef's choice) ran to $225 per head before liquor. That being said, I've been going to Japan regularly since 1980 and this was hands down the best Japanese sushi and sashimi I've had anywhere, anytime, with the exception of one sushi house in Tokyo. Yes, that's correct - after 33 years of eating sushi/sashimi at least once a week all over the world, I can categorically say Mori is the best.
You can save a lot by NOT ordering omakase, or going for lunch. Highly recommend the tuna -- I didn't realize you could get that quality in America. (Someone told me the chef/owner flies it in from Japan, but I find that hard to believe.) I'm not a mackerel fan, don't like uni, but even they tasted good. Ikura was stunning, eel was fabulous. The homemade tofu is to die for. Enjoy!!!

1  Thank krashtest d

Reviewed 13 October 2011

This is some good sushi - there is no sign outside just a fish. I lived in the area for over 15 years and I loved that I could walk here too. Besides R-23 this is the BEST. Period

Reviewed 7 July 2011

This guy knows his sushi. As said in other reviews he grows his own rice and grades his own wasabi. It is an amazing sushi experience. Highly recommend to all true sushi aficionados.

1  Thank Nelyons
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Mori is a genius. He knows how to combine the traditional sushi cuisine with the creative trends of fusion. Let him guide through a trip of savors. The presentation of dishes is also pleasing the eye. Compared to the variety and exclusiveness of dishes, the wine list is modest and should be definitely improved.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook