“$200 for Sushi That was Still Frozen”
Review of Mori Sushi

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Neighbourhood: Westside
Reviewed 25 May 2009

We lived in Tokyo and have eaten more sushi than I can count. Unfortunately, Mori Sushi is does not even match some local places though it cost many times their amount. The sushi was not fresh, in fact it was still a bit frozen. The service was poor, and in fact the place was worn and dirty. We were sad and disappointed to have wasted so much money.

1  Thank TravelFarandWide2

Pasadena, California
Reviewed 22 January 2009

Best sushi I've had so far. The price is a bit high but well worth it. This is one of few sushi bars that grind fresh wasabi roots. Their "omakase" is just amazing.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 18 April 2008

We went there last week with my family. What a terrible mistake that was. Firs of all, we got greeted with attitute once they saw my two year old and declared there is no high chair or booster. Then it got worse and worse and worse. Service was lousy where as the restaurant was practically empty. And then the food. Yuck. Really. Terrible terrible food. Gourmet want to be that got an F for everything. And then we asked for the check. They got us there too. Ridiculously expensive. Please don't go there whatever you do. What a wast. We actually spent $200 there and honestly went somewhere else to eat because we were all still hungry and because the food was so lousy.

1  Thank katz312
Reviewed 31 March 2008

4.5. delicious fish however pieces are quite small.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 March 2008

Best sushi I've ever had in my life. It's like eating art. There is nothing like fresh wasabi...and I hear this guy grows his own rice...and you really notice it. Rice never tasted so good. I had abalone tempura that was served with no sauce...just a squeeze of lemon & 2 types of salt. It was crazy phenomenal. At one point I ate a piece of sushi & went into a giggle fit because I was way too delighted. The sake was amazing (hint of pear & melon), and Mori makes his own ceramics that are used for serving....that's what I was told, and the pieces are GORGEOUS. This guy is serious. Expensive but well worth it.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook