“Foggy day, sunny breakfast!”
Review of Figtree's Cafe

Figtree's Cafe
Ranked #170 of 10,877 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Venice
Reviewed 25 March 2017

Our plans changed a bit and we ended up eating at Venice Beach instead of the hotel because our car rental came earlier. We quickly came across Figtree's and settled in. There were some brave people on the patio but we opted for inside because it was so cold (even though it was in the high 20s two blocks away with blue sky). There are about 8 tables inside. My daughter, who was starving, opted to have the Puffy Pancake which says takes 30 minutes to prepare. We were very impressed- out came this 10 inch Dutch Baby filled with fruit and sprinkled with icing sugar. It was delicious with a hint of lemon in the batter. My husband and I opted for the bacon and eggs. It was good as they served turkey bacon and there were options of freshly baked scones (2 different flavours to choose from this day- mine came to the table warm and served with apple butter) or a few different types of toast. The potatoes were good but a bit spicy for my morning tastebuds. I also had an Oregon Chai latte which helped me warm up; it was a big mug full. It was expensive when flipped to Canadian money but reasonable for US market. The staff was kind, attentive and friendly. I would eat here again and hopefully with better weather so that we could enjoy the patio!

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Last weekend, my family and I enjoyed a delicious brunch at the Figtree cafe. We sat in outside, with a beautiful view of the beach.
The food was delicious, and the staff was very friendly and prompt. My son had the cornmeal pancakes filled with bananas (they were exquisite!). My daughter enjoyed the breakfast quesadilla, while I had the shiitake mushroom omelette. The tuna sandwich was delicious and perfectly cooked.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

There was not one thing that we ordered that was tasty. The bagel was blah, the fruit salad was barely passable and the tea tasted like detergent. The service was lousy, too. Just don't.

1  Thank utopia929
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

We had brunch here on our one day stop over in LA. We were all happy with the food, cooked from scratch, very fresh salad accompanied one of the meals (not the limp offering usually experienced) My chicken hash with poached eggs (pictured) was perfect. Fresh herbs! The coffee is also excellent, if you're a visiting Aussie this will be good news . It's located right on the beach too!

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

We went here on a rainy day so inside seating was tight but we got a table. The service was very efficient and friendly.
The food was very good. We had the chicken hash, Austin omelet and a scone. It was plenty of food and very delicious. The homemade apple puree served with the toast and scone was delicious. There were a lot of good options on the menu from which to choose. It was really a positive experience.
For lunch and dinner they serve alcohol and had 5 beers on tap.
The half price breakfast between 8-9 is an obvious plus.