“Delicious Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Venice
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We've been here today and the food & service was awesome. We had really good sushi. The fish was very fresh and the prices were normal

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We chose to sit at the bar to watch the basketball game. It was perfect. The bartender was amazing. He juggled drinks and our food order. Most food was good, sushi was excellent, calamari was greasy and small.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Service was extremely slow on a Sunday evening, with most attention given to several large tables of patrons. We were never offered drink refills. I had to ask twice for chopsticks before I could start eating. I did not try their sushi, so can’t comment on it in this review. We just tried a combo plate of teriyaki salmon and tempura shrimp, as well as a bowl of udon with chicken. On the plus side, there was a lot of food, certainly enough for the hungriest person. However, the main meals were just so-so. Acceptable, nothing special. The salmon was very thin, but moist. The tempura was average. Accompanying was a non-descript salad of iceberg lettuce, carrots and a few tomato slices. I was here 15 years ago and it will probably be an equal amount of time before I return.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

It had been many years since I’d been to Kifune, but friends had invited us out last minute and other sushi restaurants were booked. Kifune’s in large enough to ensure a seat without waiting. It is popular and there are numerous regulars, which is probably why owners found no reason to change a thing for the past 15 years.

To provide context, we don’t mind paying up for really exceptional ingredients and presentation and the sushi and sashimi is not exceptional. That said, it is not priced for exceptional either. So, it could be just the place for you. But, if you are spoiled like us you’ll likely come away with the same opinion as us.

Service is fine.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

This is my favorite Sushi bar at Marina del rey. Love the bar scene where I feel very welcome. The fish are beautifuly selected and always fresh and the rolls.. are the best !