“IMPRESSIVE THAI”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Reviewed 23 October 2015

Despite the surprising name, there is nothing frontier about Siam Cabin. We find it to be the best Thai food in our neck of the woods. Although on the small side, the food is top quality. We particularly enjoy the fresh spring rolls and the heavenly crispy duck. Another favorite is the spicy noodles which can be modified to your preference of spiciness. Service is always quick and polite, and we don't hesitate to recommend it.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Wanted to try some Thai food on Ventura and this place was it. There's parking in the back so walked through the back entrance and to my surprise..it was nicely, but simply decorated.
We were greeted with a smile and given our menus. Our food came in a decent amount of time and it was delicious.
The prices of the food was decent; being on Ventura I was expecting to pay a little more.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

Fresh, delicious thai food with wonderful service. Local haunt, but every bit as good as the best Thai places in all of LA.

The crispy duck roll, the Tom Yum and Tom Kha soups are both great!

Red curry chicken is flavorful and plentiful and one of the best I've had. The spicy eggplant is also amazing!

Parking can be challenging but it's worth it to eat at Siam Cabin.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Good food, friendly staff, clean restaurant... good for a nice meal. Staff is actually Thai as well.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

One of our favorite Thai restaurants recently closed, so my friend and I decided to give Siam Cabin a try. I hadn't been there in at least 15 or more years; she had never been. I recalled it being perfectly fine - good food and a homey atmosphere - but it hadn't drawn me back. What a surprise the other night! The restaurant now looks like a classy French bistro, almost to the point of making us suspect the prices would be high. They were not. The menu was interesting, with items not usually found on other Thai menus and the food was spectacularly good, with generous portions. The service was excellent and very friendly. I asked the host (at least I think that's what he was) if they by any chance ever served a particular dish I used to eat about 35 years ago at another Thai place and had never seen since. He said that they don't make it, but he recognized what I was referring to, looked it up on his iPad and told me where I could get it. He went out of his way to do that. We can't wait to go back to Siam Cabin!