“Just went back and steak frites was best I have had in a long time. Really good.”
Review of Cafe Stella

Cafe Stella
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Stella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,145 of 10,402 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Sanborn
Reviewed 19 October 2015

Went with friends --like the ambience and love the bar--have never thought the food was exceptional until this last meal--the steak frites was insane. Best I have ever had I think. Really...loved it. Sommelier also hooked us up with a nice bordeaux for $85 that had some bottle age and was ready to drink. The deserts were also very good. Got two side which we didn't even finish. Bill came out to $330 for four people before tip so not an inexpensive dinner but it was excellent. Go early and have a drink in the bar--very cool space with professional bar tenders. French75 is a great drink to try there...

Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

The steak au poivre was excellent. The sauce soaked pomme frites were perfectly salty. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the halibut and the wine suggestion was dead on. Can't say enough about this restaurant.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

We ate lunch here a couple of times. It's typical French-cafe fare: salads and sandwiches. Both of my meals were very good, and my dining partners liked their meals too. The Nicoise Salad is very good and quite filling.

Reviewed 6 June 2015

This was my first trip to LA. I had been craving a steak all week, and Cafe Stella really hit the spot. Steak and fries, what's not to like? Sometimes when I go to places like this, I have to have a burrito after my meal to fill me up. Not so here. Nice cut of steak filled me up good. The wife is vegetarian, and there was plenty for her to eat too.

Reviewed 10 March 2015 via mobile

Cafe Stella is one of my favorite spots to slowly sip coffee or tea in the late mornings or evening. It's a place you go with a girlfriend to catch up on life or with your partner but I've seen celebrities there on business dates too. Everything on the select menu is worth trying. I have liked the blue cheese burger, oatmeal, chicken baked in creamy mushroom sauce, and french onion soup. It's an all around casual chic french countryside kind of place with taxidermy on the walls, modernist paintings, flowers on the table, and strange whisps of something like Paris in the air. I definitely recommend this place just to go alone and read, hang with a friend, lover, or family. There's also a sweet wine bar which a lot of regulars seem to adore. Feels like a different old world at Stella Cafe on Sunset Junction in Silver Lake.