“Tasty comfort food”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #1,816 of 10,877 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I travel often for work in the Southern California area and Mimi’s has always been in rotation for a reliably tasty meal with great service. The Mission Valley location did not disappoint!

My server, Tracy, was just awesome – friendly and welcoming without being overbearing. My glasses were never empty and she did a great job of checking in on me (even making sure I had a fresh-out-of-the-oven loaf of bread with my salad and a freshly-brewed cup of coffee with my dessert).

I tried the traditional pot roast entrée. It was really delicious! Tender to the point of needing a spoon (because the fork wouldn’t even hold the meat!) and had a great wine sauce on the side. My go-to side is the potatoes au gratin and they’re pretty generous with those! (A huge slice of creamy, tender potatoes)

They also have these little petit desserts – which are actually just perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth after a filling meal. They’re just a few decadent bites of some of the favorites (which, let’s be honest, is all you really need anyway)

Anyway – thanks, Mimi’s! I’ll be back for sure.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I have had lunch, breakfast, and dinner at this Mimi's location many times. the food and service are good.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

they have a nice menu, the servers were fantastic, very friendly and my breakfast was really good. It's a bit on the pricey side but I was happy with what I got.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

The Service: So-so.... not very attentive. Took the order, served the food.... and gave us the bill.

The Parking: Parking lot right around the restaurant. Since it is located at the end of the plaza so they kind of having their own parking lot. Easy to find parking spot.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

I have been coming to this Mimi's for many years. It has gone up and down in food quality through the years. Several years back, my daughter and I would come in at least once a week. The food was amazing as was the service.

Time went by and the menu changed. It was getting harder choosing what I wanted to eat. We stopped coming as often. The good thing is, sign up for their e-mail and you will get a coupon every week, BOGO. Once, I ordered the pot roast and had to send it back because it was soooo salty. It was changed with no problem.

Well, I went on 4-5-2017 and ordered the chicken dinner. OMG, that was the best chicken I have had in a long time. It melted in your mouth. What made it so much better was our server, Daisy. She was so pleasant and patient with us. My coffee cup was kept full and she was always around the room without being intrusive. She made my dinner that much more enjoyable. Thank you Daisy.

I will definitely be back for the chicken.