“A little France in the middle of Eagle Rock”
Review of Cafe Beaujolais

Cafe Beaujolais
Ranked #596 of 10,351 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2017

We always have a great meal here. The most recent was last week. The halibut was wonderful and the fillet mignon just melted in your mouth and then the roquefort on top makes your eyeballs roll back in your head. Kind of busy and noisy on Fridays and Saturdays. If you're looking for that bustling experience go then. Other nights are quieter and you can make reservations. Enjoy

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Service was good but it took over an hour to get our meal. Several customers came in way after us and were served prompley. Was it due to us speaking our Mothers language or the language we are speaking. This will be the last time I come here and will definitely discourage other friends on patronizing this establishment. Food was ok.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

The food and the service was very good. We got there early because they do not take reservations. The place filled up quickly and unfortunately it took a long time to get our food.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

We have dined here three times so far, always for special occasions because special occasions call for goof French food, and that's easy to find here.

I had always avoided French restaurants because I hate snooty waiters, and France specializes in this category. However, Yelp! advised me that the waiters here--though French--are polite, easy going and helpful, and Yelp! was correct. Here's a list of what I have tried:

The filet mignon was superb--not necessarily the best slice of tenderloin I've been served (there's a little place in Humboldt County called Larrupin that holds that distinction), but the sauce was superb, and the mashed potatoes accompanying the filet were the best I've ever tasted.

Scallops special: very good, but not as thrilling as I expected. Of course, with shellfish you can't overpower with sauce, but it was well worth the money.

Pork chop special: (you've observed by now that I am a master of the French language) simply fantastic, mainly because of the sauce and the fact that the chop was perfectly cooked: done, but juicy and tender.

We've also tried the escargot (splendid) and sampled the creme brulee for dessert, which was terrific. I asked for a good wine to pair with my filet and they delivered, the prices are incredible for cuisine of this caliber.

This place is bare bones, nothing frufru, no unnecessary embellishments or fancy presentation that does nothing to add to the flavor of the food. (Frankly, I believe restaurants that are so keen on presentation do so because the food needs embellishment; that isn't the case here). This is just good French country dining at its best. Leave a good tip.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Small, quiet place not too far from downtown Los Angeles. Tasty food with good service and quiet environment. A neighborhood restaurant with world class food.