“Wow! That was awesome”

Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I was surprised by this 'hole in the wall' ... it was GREAT! Be careful - when they say 'how spicy' they mean 'how spicy' on the Thai scale not the 'your not Thai so we won't push it' scale. YUM! Great portions. Good food. Good prices (no money wasted on decor). Totally worth a visit. I'll be back if I'm back in the area again.

Date of visit: January 2013
1  Thank Manalani

Reviewed 12 December 2012

I've been patronizing this place for over 10 years since college. It's an amazingly great, home style cooking. Even though I've never been to Thailand (I will eventually), I came here the first time with Charlie, one of my Thai friends from UCLA who swears by this place. My faves?
Chicken with Chili Garlic (ask for the chicken ground). You can spice it up to your tolerance level. Mind you this place is supposedly authentic so hot to a Western palate is very very hot.
The roast pork (with crispy skin) with chinese broc (with lots of garlic) is unbelievable.
Everything is yummylicious, yummytummy meter 10+ excellent if you like authentic no holds barred flavors. Many say this is as authentic as it gets. Feel free to go through the entire menu.

Do not get the BBQ chicken or the Beef Salad with Garlic, but everything else is top notch, tasty, home cooked taste. It's addicting. Now you dont come here for ambience, there are many many Thai restaurants in LA for that. I have been to over 100+ Thai restaurants in Southern Cali, this is the most flavorful I've had.

Cash only (7-11 is next door) There is a sister resto Yai on Vermont by the same owners. Great quality food also, identical menu, identically prepared.

Date of visit: December 2012
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Their portions are a little on the big side. So don't order too many things. It is very authentic. Yum.

Date of visit: December 2011
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I went here with a group of four from work for lunch. The restaurant is just past the 101 freeway, shares parking with a 7-11. It's cash-only. We had BBQ beef, red chicken curry, and ground pork with egg. It was great, plenty of food, fast, and flavorful. The bill was about $10 each before tip.

Date of visit: July 2012
1  Thank Henry D
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Don't let that "greasy spoon" look discourage you. It's the food the counts.
The chili garlic chicken is heavenly. The spicy seafood soup is so hot, you
can lose your voice. The pad thai is some of the best we've tried. A friend who lived in Thailand rated this place as the best he's tried outside the country. Never disappointed
after several visits. Ignore the decor and enjoy the great dishes.

Date of visit: March 2011