“Attention : Be careful with the bill”
Review of Yai Restaurant

Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Reviewed 17 August 2015

5757 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028
Attention : Be careful with the bill , they charged so expensive over the amount of bill and 18% tip , this restaurant service slow , not clean , bathroom so dirty and refused credit card just accept Cash only , never come there again

*** $132.00 for 5 order foods = THAI SOUP + PAPAYA SALAD + GROCERY FORK + FRY FISH + SEAFOOD COMBINATION

Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

I liked the food, also the venue is clean, the neighborhood looks little rough. Also the waiter was cute and nice so one extra star for that!

Reviewed 21 April 2015 via mobile

I have been coming here every week for about three months now and I am always highly-satisfied with each visit!

For comparison, I have visited Thailand about 5 times and stay away from the tourist areas to find the most "local" Thai dishes.

At this restaurant, "Yai" does Lard Na better than any restaurant in Thailand.

Order the Pad Thai Khon Kaen for the authentic and less-sweet of the original Pad Thai. I would suggest medium-spicy.

Crispy Roasted Pork with Chinese Broccoli is amazing and many yelpers concur.

Salty Fish Fried Rice is really great and it has Chinese Broccoli. It's not a salty dish overall, so don't be afraid!

Nom Tok is really a favorite. It is a beef salad with lots of spice and flavor!!

For soup, I have had both the Tae Chew and Tom Kha Gai and both huge in portion and tasty!

Beef Panang is made with house made red curry! I had it today and was soooooooo good and spicy!!!

Finish with a Singha! It's only $4/bottle!!! Thai iced coffee is always refreshing, too!

Service is always wonderful and helpful. I really enjoy the value and friendly service and delicious food!

Cash only and free parking!!!

Reviewed 6 January 2015

Allow me to start with a couple of disclaimers; it was my 4th day into a cold, and I have been taken medicine with Zinc, so my taste buds are a little off and Yai used to be one of my favorite Thai restaurant in Thai Town and I introduced this place to so many as if I own share at the restaurant. That said, it was a disappointed experience. we ordered our usual since we haven't been in the last 6 months. It was the coconut chicken soup, Panang curry with beef and the Chinese broccoli with roast pork, medium spicy on heat level because of my cold. The soup arrived first and the soup was rather thick, it was almost chowder consistency, and there was a lot of chicken thigh but no straw mushroom. I recognize the flavor of the soup but the chicken was, with lack of a better word, funky. The texture is almost mealy, like liver, and so is the taste, it was as if it was cooked al dente. You know you can cook the dark meat to death and it wouldn't dry out. I actually spitted the chicken meat out on a napkin and we only consumed the liquid. The broccoli and roast pork was good, it seemed as if they put a bit more sugar than usual but it was good regardless. Finally Beef Panang came, it was underwhelming. Beef was a little dry and tough and there was hardly any peas in the dish, so the overall color is just very, very brown. It would have been a 3 star review if it was a brand new restaurant, I gave it a 4 star because it was Yai. I know that's bias, but oh well.

Reviewed 24 December 2014

Based on the reviews I decided to visit this place due to the good prices. I was well surprised at the menu prices and the amount of food that you do received for the money. Not a fancy place but worth the visit especially if you are on a budget.