“Best steakhouse ”

The Palm Los Angeles
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palm Los Angeles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 10,660 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 11th Street
Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

Three of us had an early dinner on January 27 prior to the opening of the Los Angeles Art Show. We started with the excellent wedge salad topped with blue cheese and dried onion. Followed by the small fillet. These were cooked to perfection for each of us and so tender that they could almost be cut with a fork. Our side of asparagus was great.

Service was the usual excellent and seemed to anticipate our needs.

Highly recommended and we will return

Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Having been to Thailand and various Southeast Asia countries, I found cuisine here very authentic and extremely delicious. A must visit.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

So we went to the Lakers/Clippers game on Christmas and knew we were going to eat before the game, but where? We figured everything would be open in the area, but we were wrong. Many restaurants were closed and so we drove around a bit and parked the car to find a restaurant. I walked into The Palm inquiring if they even had any room for non reservations. The woman at the front explained that the bar was open and had full dinner service there too. Awesome! We went inside and sat down and looked at the menu. It's a high end restaurant in the high price range, but the menu items looked really good. We ordered the fried calamari as an appetizer and ordered the salmon and the chicken Parmesan for entrees. This restaurant is an a la cart menu but we decided not to order any sides and if we were still hungry, we could order something later or at the game. The fried calamari is EXCELLENT! Not only is the calamari breaded and seasoned perfectly, it also comes with fried marinated peppers and thinly sliced lemon slices. Wow... a total shock and wonderful! I'm a self proclaimed fried calamari snob, and I think these are my favorite. I really enjoyed it a lot. The salmon was a good sized portion and cooked and seasoned well. I really liked it and actually enjoyed it enough not to miss having a side. The chicken parm is a very big portion and was breaded and cooked well. We really enjoyed the meal. Usually we are not dessert people, but since we didn't have any sides and some extra time, we got the cheesecake. I don't eat cheesecake, but I heard it was really good, so that's what I'm reporting. This meal was expensive, but for special occasions, it is worth it. The ambiance is nice with all the sketches of the celebrities on the walls. The staff is exceptionally nice and we were never neglected or not taken care of--despite how busy they were. I don't know if I'll go here again, but I'm certainly glad I came here for Christmas!

Reviewed 23 December 2015

The Palm, a normally five star experience, turns into an overpriced very average experience on game night. Noisy, crowded, understaffed, food just average and way below normal high quality, presented in a hurried, disappointing fashion. While the 14 ounce filet mignon was very good, the appetizers, especially the white bean soup, and the sides were disappointing. I have been to The Palm all over the USA including the original on 2nd Avenue in NYC. This was the worst experience. I attended the LA location years ago and it was much better. Seems now they just pack in the guests on game night to maximize profits and turn into an assembly line kind of experience. Unfortunate.

Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

The Palm consistently delivers the most professional, attentive service around. It was no different for my business dinner for eight. I had the 3 lb. lobster and it was excellent. For appetizers we had the seared ahi, calamari, jumbo shrimp cocktail, and the half & half. All were excellent, except as noted below.

There are three reasons for the four star rating.

(1) The ahi appetizer. The first order was incredibly fresh and tender; all red meat without any white gristle. I just returned from three weeks in Hawaii and the quality/freshness of the ahi rivaled the daily catch in Maui's five star restaurants. So we ordered another round. Big disappointment. This order was grisly with a lot of white gristle throughout the ahi.

(2) My colleagues ordered various different steak dishes. All who ordered the strip steak did not think it was that great. Good but not great.

(3) The coffee, while nice and strong, were served in what appeared to be mugs that one keeps at home for hot cocoa rather than the finish to a nice meal. There were no saucers under the mug so no place to put my spoon after stirring. Small thing but leaves a negative impression.

On another good note, the Chianti, Riesling, side dishes (brussel sprouts, green beans, and potatoes), and desserts were very good!