“best homemade Soba Noodles!”
Review of Yabu

Yabu
Ranked #2,019 of 10,402 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Westside
Neighbourhood: Westside
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The food here is always good. I have tried so many things on the menu here. I bring my daughter here to eat at least once a month. Their homemade cold Soba is excellent. I also like their hot Udon noodles, a perfect al dente texture. Things I order basically every visit include the tapas size chicken Kariage, cold spinach gomai, the monkfish liver....my daughter loves their fried tofu! We eat at the West LA site (have never been to the West Hollywood version). They also make a delicious homemade tofu that is silken soft. They do have valet parking, which is good because self parking in this neighborhood is tough. The restaurant can be very busy, so reservations are a good idea during peak hours and weekends. The lunch menu is basically the same as the dinner menu, but a bit less expensive. They do serve sushi here as well, but I basically come for the noodles and other offerings, though the sushi I have had here is good.

1  Thank mayalavender

Reviewed 15 January 2012

Yabu has two stores; the other one is in West Hollywood. The food, service and prices are very similar, so I'll refer you to my review of the West Hollywood store for comments on those things. As between the two stores, this one (on Pico in West Los Angeles) tends to be busier, so reservations are important. The Pico branch also has a nicer bar to sit at. But, the West Hollywood store (on La Cienaga) has more pleasant seating at tables, and also has an outdoor patio in the back. But, both stores are excellent, so enjoy!

Reviewed 14 January 2012

I was there with my son and relatives on new year's eve to eat toshikoshi soba (there is a Japanese tradition to eat noodle on new year's eve to wish for health and long life). I ordered a lunch set of zarusoba and tendon and both of them were very tasty. Tempura was crisp and soba was cooked perfectly. I would definitely eat there again when I'm in West L.A.

1  Thank SleepyPinga
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Very friendly people, nice service and very quick service! 4.50 bucks valet parking. Great sushi and Japanese tapas!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook