“Casual and Quick, but Darkness Awaits Indoors”
Review of Link N Hops

Link N Hops
Ranked #4,416 of 10,298 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Reviewed 1 August 2016

The food is good, the employees are nice. Plenty of televisions to watch. Has always has seating and parking available when we've stopped by. Good selection of beverages. Good sausages - we usually only eat part or none of the buns - too bready for us. The place is very dark - too dark for my taste. Going from outdoors in the daytime to the inside of this place is like going into a warm, dark dungeon to me and makes me want to go to sleep. I like being outside in the light during the day, or at least in a reasonably lit restaurant. The weather can be beautiful outside and there are some tables in a patio.

Reviewed 1 December 2015

Atwater Village hosts a number of small, eclectic enterprises, boutiques, spas and eateries. Link n Hops is tucked back in a small alcove but serves up seriously good beers and sausages. Fries & toppings round out this gastronomic extravaganza. Of course, if you don't care for beer & sausages (hardly understandable) one can also get quite commendable burgers, other goodies and soft drinks, even water if you please. But try the beers, suggested as 2-3 of the higher-test jobs and for me, two sausages were enough, the hot Italian and the (huge!!) special. Chow down!

Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

If you're visiting north east Los Angeles an find yourself in beautiful Atwater Village, do yourself a favor and stop into Link N Hops. They have a variety of craft beers on tap and a handful of sausages, fries, pretzels and snacks to chose from.
This is a great place for couples, friends, families or just a cool spot to sip a beer and watch the game on one of their many tv screens. Plenty of indoor and outdoor seating and a laid back neighborhood vibe.

Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

Came here for dinner with my family of 5 on a Monday night, and had a great time. There was something for everyone. Great beer on tap, plenty of sausage options, and delicious fries! We'll be back!

Reviewed 10 August 2015

The Skinny:

Parking: small paved lot
Decor: dark and woody
Restroom: step above the gas station
Coke Factor: Mexican in the bottle
Food: was okay
Service: not interested
Bonus: dogs allowed in outdoor patio area

Originally I had planned to go to a BBQ place but somehow that gift card never arrived and one for Link n' Hops did. We came here for dinner on a quiet Sunday night and I felt that by having the gift certificate it was a pain for them and not as welcome as if I had some cold hard cash. We ordered and took a seat on the patio. Like the restrooms that could have used a little attention, the condiments sitting on the table were a bit dirty and crusted over (hence we didn't use any of them). We ordered:

The exotic platter: Buffalo, Duck, and Wild Boar, each sausage came on a bed of lettuce and chopped tomatoes. The order was completed with a special dipping sauce and hand cut fries. The fries were pretty delicious and while the sausages tasted ok, the stand out was the buffalo.

Smoked Hawaiian: very spicy and made my lips tingle, I liked the roll which was fluffy and tasty. The chipotle mayo was pretty mild and my two choices of grilled onions and sauerkraut was also okay but it would have been nice if the onions were warmed up.

You order at the counter, take a number and have a seat. No one checks on you so if you need anything, head to the counter where you will get a lukewarm reception.