“Good for the neighborhood”
Review of Thai Fantasy

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thai Fantasy
Ranked #5,581 of 10,298 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Tasty. Fresh ingredients. Fast service. Not great but if you live in the area it's very convenient. they even deliver.

Reviewed 28 March 2011

I love this restaurant! Try it out and you will enjoy it like I do. They have deliciouse food for a killer price. And the staff are always so polite and friendly. My husband and I love the place.

1  Thank Torresm
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 28 January 2008

dnt go for da cheesy name .it has some serious ton kai soup preparations.food is a little above avrage

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 24 January 2008

We had dinner last night at Thai Fantasy restaurant. It was a small place in a strip mall. When we got there (around 5:30pm), there was no customer inside. During the roughly one hour stay of us, we saw two groups of people coming in for dinner. So the point here is this place does not have much business on a weekday dinner time. The food tasted OK, but the meat quality was very bad. We ordered red curry with beef, and a noodle dish with beef, and an salad called "laab". The "laab" was made with ground meat, and it smelled terrible (kind of like poop smell). I could not touch it because of the smell. My husband ate it, but did not like the taste. On our way back home, my husband started to have upset stomach and abdominal pain. About two hours after the dinner, he had to run to the bathroom. Based on our lifestyle, we had to conclude that it was the laab that caused it. The ground meat was probably not suitable to eat any more. Now, about the beef in the red curry dish and noodle dish, the beef was very chewy and hard to swallow. We chewed on the beef for a while, and then had to spit it out. This happened not to one or two pieces of beef, but to over 80% of the beef in the two dishes. Also, the rice was extremely dry and hard to chew. Tasted like left over rice from a week ago. On the way to the bathroom, we walked pass the kitchen. We saw a huge pile of cut-up meat (chicken or pork). We rarely saw red part of the meat, but the majority of the meat was white (fat). That made me feel I must have eaten a lot of fat that night. In conclusion, I do not recommend this place to anyone.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 December 2007

Decent Thai for decent prices.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook