All reviews hollywood boulevard shared bathroom great location bed female dorm chinese theatre make your own waffles universal studios other guests wax museum minute walk santa monica downtown la fame valuables pedro computers lax
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We were dropped off at our hotel Kiman after a very hot day at My Son. Right across from rhe hotel is a spa...
We were tired and needed pampering....we enjoyed the friendly staff and a highly recomended the reflexology treatment.
Thank you so much.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Stayed here for a week while out for the Walker Cup. $42/night with breakfast is a great deal. Very convenient to everything I needed. Flyaway from LAX ($8) took me to about a 15 minute walk. Hostel is about 3/4 block north of Hollywood Blvd, so it is far enough away from the noise and tourists. House is nice and clean inside and there are many areas inside and outside to hang out and relax. Rooms have air conditioning units that work all right so even in hot weather it was bearable. Staff are pleasant and helpful with answering questions and providing advice. Breakfast is included which is a nice touch. Make your own waffles or pancakes, cereal, milk and juice provided. I would estimate that close to half of the guests are adults in the 35-50 year range, the rest being young adults. A very quiet and relaxing place to stay, this is NOT a party hostel. Plenty of bathroom and shower facilities, I never had to wait since there were so many options throughout the building. Buying a 7 day bus pass for $25 gave me unlimited trips on the bus lines and you can get most anywhere in the LA area. I think the TAP card also included the Metro but I didn't use that. YMCA was a few blocks away so I was able to use the facilities for free since I am a Y member in NC. There are clotheslines in back of the hostel where I was able to dry my wet workout stuff. Lockers are available for valuables (bring your own lock). Computers available. Vending machines have some drinks and snacks. ATM machine in building which is nice, because Hollywood Blvd can be sketchy. Overall I had an excellent experience at Orange Drive Hostel and highly recommend it.

Room tip: Bring ear plugs in case you are next to the parking.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Tracie S, Public Relations Manager at Orange Drive Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay on TripAdvisor.
We are thrilled that you had an amazing stay with us in Hollywood, and we hope that you will visit us again very soon.
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

This hostel is one of the bests i've seen. It is clean and quite quiet eventhough it locates right next to the Hollywood Bulevard. Staff was very friendly. We had a nice private room without wc, there was air-commondation and free wifi. I felt safe there and that's the most important thing to me. Breakfast is simple; You can make waffles or pancakes. (I honestly wished something more). The beach is far away (1 hour to Santa Monica by car) but we knew this so we were prepared for it. There was queue to showers when we arrived close to midnight but next day when we woke up super early all showers were empty. All and all I can recommen to stay at the Orange Drive Hostel. It is a good place to stay when in LA.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tracie S, Public Relations Manager at Orange Drive Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hostel.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope that you will visit us again soon.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

It was my first experience to stay in hostel.
The location is great, close to attraction sites in Hollywood Blvd and near Metro.
The staffs are great and helpful.
There is no elevator but the staff helped me to carry my baggages.
Mostly everything in this hostel is pretty old including rooms, beds, bathroom, kitchen area...
Lockers are Not in your room, there are some close to kitchen area in the basement. Make sure to bring your own locker.
You are responsible to wash your own dishes after breakfast..and that's why when you want to use the cups, forks and plates in the morning you will find some are not well washed and are still dirty.
At the check-in time you have to pay for all nights you want to stay there plus 20$ extra as a deposit even before seeing your room, and it is not refundable( except the deposit).
For me it was OK to stay there only for one or teo nights not more than that.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Tracie S, Public Relations Manager at Orange Drive Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

We are disappointed that you did not fully enjoy your stay.
We work hard to make our guests happy, and we appreciate all of your feedback.
Thank you for staying with us, and we hope that you enjoyed your time in Hollywood!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Not only is this a great value but the staff are incredibly friendly. The property is clean and SAFE. The closest metro stop is Hollywood and Highland, not Hollywood and vine. It's right around the corner from Madam Tussauds wax museum. Loads of stuff to do and see nearby.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Tracie S, Guest Relations Manager at Orange Drive Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to a review about your time with us in Hollywood.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope that you will visit us again soon!
Warmest Regards,