“Excellent Food!”

Rose Cafe Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rose Cafe Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 10,466 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Venice
Description: Bringing Back An Iconic Venice Restaurant | Est. ‘79 Chef Jason Neroni Highlights Local Southern California Cuisine With An International Influence From His World Travels.
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Went to Rose cafe for brunch this morning based on some great images on instagram we have seen lately.

Staff could have been more attentive as our group of Five entered and we were wondering what we should do (take seat or be seated?)

Once we had a table and ordered at the counter everything was great.

I ordered the breakfast burrito and it was awesome. I only took one photo as I was so busy eating it I forgot to take one half way through to show what's inside (sorry)

Can recommend this place for food quality!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Great night at The Rose with friends and with our kids. Not a kid place as such but we were made to feel welcome and the meals and service were great. Will be back when back in Santa Monica. Very noisy inside but we had a table outside and it was great.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

On a friend's recommendation my husband and I walked down from Santa Monica to check this place out. We took the trail south to Venice beach and then cut east on Rose avenue. It was easy to find, but also the first non-shady establishment coming from the direction we came.
The east half of the building is self-seating cafe with many cases of pastries, sandwiches, etc. to buy. A hostess just inside the door can seat you in the restaurant on the west half of the building. Seating is indoor and outdoor. There are fans and hanging plants everywhere. It's a very light and airy atmosphere inside and out.
Our service was good and the waitress seemed to know the menu pretty well. My husband ordered a cubano and I had the egg sandwich. We split an order of curry fries. The side portion is plenty for two people to share. I think there was turmeric on the fries because they stained my fingers yellow, but they tasted very good! We both really enjoyed our sandwiches.
The prices here are not cheap, but you have very tasty food made with quality ingredients in a cool setting. I would definitely come back here and maybe save room for dessert next time!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Worth a visit for the sprouts and bacon alone, this place and its food is delicious. Service was attentive and prompt but the relaxed setting urges you to sit back, take your time, digest and have a good natter. Coffee was small but beautifully formed.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Although the three dishes we tried were excellent, and the gin-cucumber cocktail was delicious, this place is too impressed with itself for its own good. The dinner menu posted online does not list the prices, and no wonder--a small plate of eight tortellini was $20-something, and a small "whole branzino" was either $28 or $35. (I'd check,but, oh, that's right, no posted prices.) The cocktail was $16, and the small loaf of bread was $8. The sommelier (who insisted he was a "wine guy" because it's too close to the beach to use the word sommelier) was hard-selling the wine by telling us what a bargain those $50+ bottles were. We wouldn't have minded paying the 4% surcharge for employee healthcare, and we did pay it, but at those prices, it just made us feel ripped off. The last straw was the $10 valet charge--when we arrived, the small sign with the prices was blocked by a car. Ten dollars to move our car 10 yards is ridiculous. We will not go back.

1  Thank Elizabeth G