“Close to Airport and Midway Car rental”

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
Ranked #43 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Chose this hotel because I was returning a rental car next door and leaving from LAX the next morning. Also I am an Elite Marriott member but quite frankly got no particular recognition for that. The lobby is very attractive but the rather limited snack bar lead us to go out to eat in the evening and to go next door to the restaurant at the Radisson for breakfast the next day. The room was excellent - one of the largest chain hotel rooms I've seen and beautifully appointed.
The shuttle to the airport was very efficient.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MHSG

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Spent the night here before leaving early next morning on a vacation trip. Service was excellent and shuttle service was timely. Ate dinner and breakfast at small fast food counter in hotel lobby. Food was fairly good and reasonably priced. Room was very clean and there was little if any airport noise. Only complaint is the bathroom was split with sink in main room. Dislike this set up.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

the shuttle bus is a long wait.... the room was very nice and clean it was huge ..
the shuttlbus never came. I hop into a taxi and the hotel reimburse my money.

Room Tip: very very clean
Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank hopelove
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I recently attended a weekend seminar at this hotel. The biggest complaint I have is that at no time was I able to verify that my seminar was being held at that particular hotel. I even missed out on a non-refundable rate because the agent was uncomfortable booking me at a hotel where my seminar wasn't listed. I made no less than 6 phone calls to front desk personnel at the very hotel and even the Marriott down the street. I tried repeatedly to verify the location of the seminar with the hosts who were befuddled by the hotel's lack of information. I finally decided to give it a shot since I already had my airline reservation booked and paid for. Upon arrival the front desk clerk just laughed it off saying they should have checked the book. It added a lot of unnecessary stress and even cost to my visit.

Room Tip: I chose the one king bed room/suite and it was very large and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I reserved a night at this Courtyard for a very reasonable price, $79, and I couldn't be more pleased with the value of the hotel stay.

As stated by many others previously, it is very close by the entrance of the airport. Making it a very quick return to the terminal after my night's stay. Getting to the hotel from the airport is not as efficient, since the shuttle hits the Marriott first, and must negotiate a fair amount of traffic in and around the hotels. I'd say expect a 20 minute trip from the terminals to the hotel versus just 5 minutes... hotel to terminals.

I had a top floor room that was attractive, very spacious, with plenty of workspace for my laptop, lots of electric outlets, and a very comfortable bed. The room was very clean. The bath had a tub.

I used the downstairs "counter" for a quick bite of dinner and grabbed a few cocktails from there, too. It's a convenient and relatively cheap option for a simple nosh... soups, sandwiches, pizza, rotisserie chicken, etc.

Nothing fancy, but perfect for a quick bite on the go.

The check-in/out process was very quick and efficient at this very busy hotel.

It's an ideal choice for a night's layover at LAX.

A word of advice on hotel rates: Marriott guarantees their website's rates. So reserve on their site for your room, and if you happen to find a better rate on another website, fill out the online claim for on Marriott's site and they will match the rate plus give you an additional 25% discount. It's pays to shop around!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple