“Bad experience”

Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Cross street: La Cienega Blvd. @ Beverly Blvd.
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Terrible experience. Simon is located in Sofitel, so we expected a great meal. I ordered a steamed fish and my wife a pizza. The fish was completly overcooked and the pizza tasted like frozen pizza. The price is not compatible with the food presented. Didn't like the service.

1  Thank Daniel-FLN-BR

Reviewed 19 September 2012

The food was delicious and well prepared. Our server was a little too involved with us during dinner ("We're not friends!"). Like most hotel restaurants, the prices were a bit inflated. Nonetheless, a nice place to grab a meal.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

One breakfast, one lunch two evening meals. It was all really tasty. I especially lied the croissants with banana and maple syrup

1  Thank JulesmoLondon
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We where there for dinner on a Thursday night and it was almost empty so the ambiance was not very good.

Our experience with the food was uneven.

1- The tuna tartar was excellent and offered very original flavors for a tuna tartar. I really recommend trying it.

2- My wife ordered Ahi Tuna for her main dish and she absolutely loved it.

3- I ordered skirt steak, rare. I got it well done. I had them redo it and then I got it rare and cold (not cool; cold). The flavors were very good though. Even an average chef should know how to cook a steak and should know that the meet should reach room temperature before you cook it.

The service was excellent.

The food is expensive.

It could have been "excellent" but ended-up being just "very good".

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We dined in this restaurant on a Saturday night and there were only a few tables occupied and more staff than customers. Now we know why. The menu was okay with a reasonable choice. The food itself was good, although my partners salmon was overcooked, but certainly not worth the cost. The service was good. I'm sure that there must be better restaurants than this in LA in this price bracket. On the plus side they did have gluten free bread available. At the end they presented us with candy floss, a bit of a gimmick but it put a smile on my face. I wouldn't eat here again while they are still charging these prices.