“A nice Italian restaurant ”

Trastevere Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #239 of 10,877 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

It has indoor & outdoor seating, a nice decor & friendly staff. We dined inside, it has a good menu & the food was well cooked. They were very busy but we did not need to book. Average prices for the area. Overall a nice place to eat.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

We stopped here for dinner after a full day of touring. What a pleasant surprise. The service was outstanding and the food was great. They had a nice selection for both adults and children. We were a bit skeptical because it's situated in such a heavily trafficked tourist area. What a pleasant surprise!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

We met here for dinner before a play. It's on the top floor of the beautiful Hollywood Highland complex and the restaurant itself is lovely. As it got cooler outside, they opened up the front - the floor to ceiling windows are actually accordion panels that fold back. Very nice. My friends semi-exotic cocktails looked good and I was impressed that they had ginger ale for me and made my friend's cocktail to his exacting specifications. So far, everything was great. The service was what you should expect from a restaurant this expensive. More on that later. My Caesar salad was okay. Croutons from a bag? Shredded cheese was not fresh. Not a good sign. And no Rubirosas? Hmmm. Our entrees came and they looked good, but my Fettuccine Alfredo was bland. One of my friends also had the Alfredo and he was okay with it (he's an excellent chef) and another (picky) friend had the eggplant dish and he was pleased with it. My other friend had suggested the restaurant and eaten here often, so I assumed she was pleased with her meal. (It would be kind of insane to recommend a restaurant that you're only okay with, yes?) No desserts, we were late. The bill was a bit pricey - don't go here if you're on a budget. I feel that the food didn't justify the price.
To summarize - everything but the food was great. But isn't that the bottom line for a restaurant? That's why I gave it only 3 stars.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

We visited this restaurant on our last night in Hollywood.The food was delicious.If you like Italian food this restaurant might be for you.Really fresh pasta.Great presentation.Reasonably priced for such good quality and large portions.My companion had a chicken dish in a tomatoe sauce which she informed me was only out of this world.The only down side on the night was the waiter who served us.He was very loud and even when he wasn't at our table we could hear him clearly addressing other tables.This went on for the whole time we were there.It just wasn't relaxing and to be honest made us feel very uncomfortable.It was a bit like Faulty Towers.Pity really because the food is so good.Really wanted to give it the 5 stars especially for the excellent food but unfortunately the atmosphere wasn't great.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

Traditional Italian food in the heart of Hollywood Blvd.
Very tasty, well presented and enthusiastic service.