Staybridge Suites Chatsworth(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$189
Staybridge.com
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$358
US$247
US$450
US$419
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$139
  • Restaurant
Airtel Plaza Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$119
  • Pool
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$242
  • Breakfast included
US$292
US$254
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$382
US$369
  • Beachfront
Hotel Normandie(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$183
  • Breakfast included
US$139
US$128
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfree dinnerown bathrooma private double roomgriffith observatoryaround midnightchinese theatrefree parkingbreakfast was includedshort stayvenice beachmetro stationbeverly hillshosteldormfamebackpackershollywood
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

The Banana Bungalow is a pretty vibrant spot with backpackers from all over the world and a great atmosphere. It's location is second to none, a few minutes walk from the likes of The Walk of Stars, Hollywood Bowl and Hollywood Boulevard.
It is in need of a make over mind you. The rooms are fairly tired and run down and the pool area was far from clean.
The price is right though to be fair, very reasonable.
If you don't mind it being a bit rough and ready then this is the place for you but there are better places around too, of that I'm sure.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

good price-performance ratio; nice place for backpackers; very well-located in Hollywood; only few parking spaces; breakfast is just cereals + bananas;
lots of young people; barbecue offers in the evening; cheap laundry possibility;
not recommended for families; reception 24/7

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

With exception of the Latino guy who worked late to early morning and the indonesia guy I just felt the staff were pretty unhelpful and most of the time I walked in the office I felt like I was an inconvenience. Upon arrival I was told there was no car parking space and after driving around for an hour (after a 19hr journey) I just left my car in a car park. I went to the hotel and there was a party on and of course a parking space. I just felt like they were busy and not that attentive to other customers needs. My room was clean had a safe and the bed was okay (probably the worst I've had on my two week road trip, but still okay). My room was clean though but shower pressure not great and tv only had one channel. The hostel itself is in an okay location, has snack machines, luggage storage, outdoor seating, free breakfast - so lots of positives too but just didn't get a good vibe from some of the staff.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Banana Bungalow for 3 nights and it was everything we needed. We booked a private room and the room was very big, bed was super comfy, had our own bathroom and kitchen. Everything was very clean as well.

Check in was easy and the staff were always helpful. We were able to park in the car park every day and don't worry when you think you've been blocked in, they have everyone's keys and will move them for you.

They have events on every night if that's what you're after but we were never in as we were out seeing the sights.

The location is ok but you are quite a walk out from the Chinese Theatre etc. We walked it every day but some people may not appreciate that.

Would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Be careful! This hostel is full of cockroaches and insects. The cleanliness was the worst I've ever seen in many years, the bedroom is a truly mess, and the hostel staff didn't apologize or did nothing to us. We had to sleep inside of our car! The only good point of this place is the location.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends