“Horrible stay”

Banana Bungalow Hollywood
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We checked in late in the night. We got a room which was nearly stinking. The bathrooms were not cleared of stuff other people would have left. It was so dirty that we had to skip taking a shower. The carpet was sticky so we couldn't even keep out feet on the ground. When we asked for extra blankets because of the cold, they said they won't have extras. The linen was smelling weird. And when we complained the next day, we were being given all kinds of excuses such as there are people who leave the rooms without thinking about others. The manager was unavailable and we tried calling 4 times asking for the manager, but never was given the call to the person nor heard back from him/her. not recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kuhu A

Reviewed 2 January 2018

My experience was good in the hostel, good value for price, really near from the hall of fame and subway station. really recommended for been in Los Angeles, the staff really nice and helpful with all your doubts about the places to visit.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

The Banana Bungalow is a pretty vibrant spot with backpackers from all over the world and a great atmosphere. It's location is second to none, a few minutes walk from the likes of The Walk of Stars, Hollywood Bowl and Hollywood Boulevard.
It is in need of a make over mind you. The rooms are fairly tired and run down and the pool area was far from clean.
The price is right though to be fair, very reasonable.
If you don't mind it being a bit rough and ready then this is the place for you but there are better places around too, of that I'm sure.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

good price-performance ratio; nice place for backpackers; very well-located in Hollywood; only few parking spaces; breakfast is just cereals + bananas;
lots of young people; barbecue offers in the evening; cheap laundry possibility;
not recommended for families; reception 24/7

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

With exception of the Latino guy who worked late to early morning and the indonesia guy I just felt the staff were pretty unhelpful and most of the time I walked in the office I felt like I was an inconvenience. Upon arrival I was told there was no car parking space and after driving around for an hour (after a 19hr journey) I just left my car in a car park. I went to the hotel and there was a party on and of course a parking space. I just felt like they were busy and not that attentive to other customers needs. My room was clean had a safe and the bed was okay (probably the worst I've had on my two week road trip, but still okay). My room was clean though but shower pressure not great and tv only had one channel. The hostel itself is in an okay location, has snack machines, luggage storage, outdoor seating, free breakfast - so lots of positives too but just didn't get a good vibe from some of the staff.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple