“Worth it”

Cuisines: French
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Worth the wait, worth the price, worth the trip. Eat here if you can. It's tiny, and there are no tables, just two bars - one that faces the kitchen and one that faces the wall. But the food is great. We had the steak tartare, the chicken, the cheese fries, but the most amazing item on the menu is the Big Mec - an incredible hamburger. At. French restaurant? Yep. And we didn't feel guilty for one second ordering it.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Really like the idea of Petit Trois-simple, great French classics like Moules frites, soup a L'Onion, croque madame, Roasted chicken, omelet, etc with classic French wines by the glass. Don't think it's a cheap stop because it's not-it's hard to leave without a $50 pp tab but I can tell you it's always fun and good. Barely any tables, just belly up to the bar and eat there or on the wall side there are high tops you can eat at. It's small, loud and crazy but now open for lunch so you have options. Ludo, Vinny and Jon make a fearsome threesome and Petit Trois is proof of their power. Have fun watching the line chefs prepare the food and occasionally you will see Ludo...Bon Apetit!

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Dishes are not sophisticated but they are tasty and have good combinations of crepes and vegetables. The service is quick and attentive.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

There is an 18% service fee added to the bill. I knew that, but I didn't know that the server would bring us the check and explain that the service fee isn't a tip. He said that the service fee allows them to be paid higher wages, but it's not a tip. So, we felt like we would be rude if we didn't tip on top of the service fee.

But aren't tips supposed to make up for servers making lower wages? If the service fee is helping them make more, then why are they asking for tips too?

I wouldn't have minded except that the prices are already very expensive, and you already have the service fee too. Add a tip on top of all that? Then you're talking about nearly a $100 lunch for two, easily, even without alcohol.

That explains why they weren't so busy at lunch. I did like the Parisian atmosphere and the French bread was really good. But overall, felt like I paid too much, especially for dining on a barstool.They are charging fine dining prices here. I wouldn't mind going here for coffee and dessert, but not lunch again. The meal was really heavy and we didn't feel great afterwards, so maybe we didn't make the best choices. We split a French onion soup, and he had a Big Mec and I had a very cheesy croque monsieur.

Really wanted to love it, but they need to make some adjustments, starting with not asking for a tip if they have a service fee. And maybe making some of their dishes a little less heavy.

Please don't think I'm cheap. I don't mind paying for quality, and I've spent some bucks on meals in Paris, France. They were a better value.

1  Thank moonslice
Reviewed 10 September 2016

Don't get me wrong. The food is not bad here. Even though it's priced high, if food is worth for the pay, we have no problem with that. What got me to give a two-star is the ridiculous restaurant policy about a mandatory 18% "service charge" on the bill. It says on the bill that this 18% service charge is added to all guest checks to allow them to pay their team members above CA minimum wage. And on the credit card receipt there is another slot for "additional tip". In that situation, will you put additional tip? If not, our server gets nothing or just little share from the 18% pool even he served us? But if we put additional tip and plus the mandatory 18% service charge, it's over 30% just for tips!!! The problem here is why do we have responsibility to share your payroll problem? We feel like we have been robbed. Is it even legal to charge your patrons with these additional charges because you pay your staff with minimum wage? We were there for lunch on weekdays. It's full of people so apparently they are doing good business. We took some beautiful pictures of the food we had and thinking about sharing with everyone but now all I am writing is about the unreasonable 18% mandatory service charge plus additional tips. Just curious if everyone eating there is okay with this policy... I am not cheap but this is just not right. Think hard before coming to this restaurant. We spent over $100 for two people's lunch. We could have gone to better restaurant which is worth to pay for!

2  Thank elsiecpy