Staybridge Suites Chatsworth(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$161
Staybridge.com
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$307
The LINE LA(Los Angeles)
US$270
US$209
  • Pool
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$242
  • Breakfast included
Airtel Plaza Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$147
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$369
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Hotel Normandie(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$135
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 February 2010

My wife was looking for a place for us to stay while she was on business in Van Nuys. The hotel was close to her work, so it seemed like a great idea. I wish I had known about TripAdvisor prior to. When she booked it, my wife comically said, "It's an inn, inns are always nice." She rethought that statement upon check-in.
After hurridly stashing everything from a GPS receiver to pocket change out of sight in the car and walking down a sidewalk quaintly lined with buildings sporting an assortment of bars on the windows, we made it to the front desk. The lobby, as others have stated, was nice. The nautical theme somewhat brigthened the mood... until it's time to speak with the desk clerk. This is made difficult by the pane of bullet-proof glass. The only good thing I can say about the hotel is the receptionist was friendly... And had the air of someone who knew the hotel where they worked was garbage.
The hallways were a confusing maze of outside-inside transitions with no real directions on the nifty sailing signs. Several of the lights in the hall were out, creating a wonderful atmosphere of a sinking ship.
After the journey to our room, we weren't expecting much. And we weren't disappointed. The television looked like a 70's edition that was dropped off the back of a truck, the floor had some sort of interesting stains that I chose not to inspect, the bedspread looked like the Dateline team came in and vomited when they turned on the blacklight.
The bathroom was where the fun began. Tiles falling off the walls, some sort of crusty mold growing everywhere, and a conspicously absent shower curtain. The towels were too disgusting to mention.
I refused to let my wife leave the room alone, and I spent most of the night staring at the door, ensuring the nefarious characters making the noises outside weren't going to come in.
Overall, the experience was actually enjoyable... but then again, I'm one of those people who find hilarity in the most atrocious situations imaginable. If you and your significant other can spend hours laughing at things crawling up the walls, then I highly recommend the Voyager Motor Inn!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
8  Thank peteyjared3
Reviewed 14 September 2007

This place is a dump! It's surrounding area smells like urine. The lobby is so nice but on the inside ... we got a non-smoking room and, what a surprise, it always smelled like cigarettes. The pool is nearly never cleaned, the bathrooms have mold, the towels are disgusting and look dirty, the roaches are EVERYWHERE, the beds ... I have no idea how I'll ever feel clean again. The covers had wholes from cigarettes ... the roof is stained from leakage, the doors are thin and flimsy. The neighbors- Police come often, this is a heaven for drug dealers are prostitutes. They always party late at night. No decent internet connection! It's just dial up!!! Plus the workers have no idea how to set it up! They have no idea how to do anything! This place is the WORST I have EVER stayed at. Don't come here!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank angel3625
Reviewed 26 June 2007

I found a coupon for this motel in one of these hotel savings directories and as the location of the motel and the price (43,99 plus tax per night) seemed ok I went there but had to learn that cheap is not everything. bugs, stains, dirty, people arguing and partying all night (even after complaining twice to the front desk), a management with barely no insight for the needs of customers who do not stay on weekly rates.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank jp9999
A TripAdvisor Member
Sherman Oaks, CA
Reviewed 21 June 2006

I had the misfortune of making the Voyager my temporary residence when I first moved to LA. The police (and sometimes paramedics) seemed to be there on at least a weekly basis, what with all the prostitution, drug dealing, and people fighting and threatening each other. I would get calls on the room phone with people soliciting prostitution, walk by prostitutes in the hallway, and pass men exchanging large amounts of cash. I never felt safe there. There were plenty of cockroaches of all sizes. As every other reviewer wrote, there was definitely a foul smell to the hallways. Some of the carpets were a deep red color, which made me wonder just what kind of stains they were trying to hide. Residents were getting ripped off. Some people paid $900/month for a room with a small kitchen and sofa, while others paid $1300/month for a smaller room with no kitchen or sofa. It was a very depressing place to live. It has been two years since I left, and I still get creeped out when I drive by the Voyager.

• Stayed: June 2004
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles
Reviewed 3 September 2005

Well the location of the motel was pretty decent with restraunts within walking distance. The motel however was awful. While youre walking down the hallways there is a horrific odor seeping in threw the carpets. The workers at the motel werent all that helpful either. There is only maid service 2 days out of the week. The locks on the door were extremely hard to open and the rooms were terrible. Their towels didnt seem the least bit clean and the sheets were stained, along with the carpet. The room did have a mini refridgerator however which was nice. But overall, dont even bother with this motel.

• Stayed: August 2005