The Voyager Motor Inn
Miyako Hotel Los Angeles(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$169
  • Restaurant
The LINE(Los Angeles)
US$189
US$270
  • Breakfast included
The Carlyle Inn(Los Angeles)
US$335
US$261
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$291/night.

US$314
US$294
US$340
US$305
  • Pool
Hollywood Orchid Suites(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$223
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Normandie(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$143
Priceline
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Looking to save a couple of bucks while visiting my kids in Van-Nuys Ca.
for two nights. Upon entering the room I noticed the burns in carpet, tables and counters. mold around Bathroom window Bedding sheets toren and stained. No TV remote, locks on the doors do not work well hard to turn.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank Douglasw583
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I was looking for an unforgettable trip and I definitely got it!

a friend and I went to a weekend trip to LA to see what it got. we got to santa monica on saturday morning and spent the day on the beach, went to beberly hills and hollywood. we were looking for a place to stay since we didnt make a reservation. so we were looking for a place to stay in the hollywood 6 motel. but there wasnt any room for us. so we used our fancy GPS to find another one and sent us to Van Vuys. we got there again to the 6 motel, but we saw this other motels on the road. and the voyager motor inn got this good rate, so we went there. as other guys said in here. the first sight. looks like a place to have sex but we didnt realise the hole stuff. so we checked in, as long as we made it. there was this gang style guy coming into the hotel. it scared me, but i said ok. dont be a pussy, its just one guy, he might also be a normal person, not a gang guy. so we took our car and got into the parking. we didnt get the instructions to get into the building so we went to the cristal door on the parking entrace, and it was locked. went back to the parking trying to find a door and saw this couple whom I asked for the dorr. the guy barely looked at me and say I dont know where it is. so ok. i made a joke about it and walked to a blue door I found. so yeahp. we were in the building which didnt look as the entrace at all. it was a MAZE. there was a low light with all those corridors were really spooky, and after the gang look like guy, i was starting to be afraid it was not a good place. so we got to our rooms and the doors were really weak, and didnt want to open, and the phone was ringing. once I made it, i picked the phone up, it was the girl from the front desk. my friend had left his passport there, we needed to pick it up. so i got out my room again and there was a lady talling to my fiend, luckyly he didnt speak english, he didnt know what she was telling him. and i didnt know what was the deal. we went to the frontdesk, to pick the passport, we were there, and another gangstyle guy came in, so we picked the passport and walked to our rooms again. we saw two guys sitting there on the stairs whatching us. so we just walked and got into our rooms and before entering I joked "close the door and dont open even if anyone knocks". the room was small, didnt smell that bad, but it looked terryfing. I ripped off the blankets to check for any unwanted thing animal or not animal, but it seemed clean enough. checked on ever door for anything unwanted, since I was already frightened! everything seemed to be OK. so i just turned off the light and tried to have a sleep. I heard lots of noise, people fighting, children crying, loud music, Luckily no one knocked. the shower was not that that bad. Im not that special for hotels. Ive been to a bunch of hotels even in so rustic places, but this one definitely freaked me out. I tought someone was coming in to steal or kill me. and as I read other comments I really think we were lucky. My friend wasnt that freaked, until today we read the comments. I told him on sunday morning i just read about an killed guy on a motels parcking. So. at the end if you guys are looking for some extreme adventures get here. if you like a little bit more safety and peace. look for anotehr place.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
12  Thank EELMO
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I was very excited to take a visit to Los Angeles and for the price offered, my budget could easily afford. I really should have just used a credit-card and paid an extra $10-15 to stay at a legitimate motel/hotel.

This place has a LOT of nerve. This is another way of human torture. To give people the false impression that they would receive a decent nights sleep over the loud cries of infants, the blaring bumping music all night long. At first it was all rap music then hardcore metal to lul you to sleep! Some REAL nasty, raunchy, stuff seemed to be going on in the swimming pool that seemed very innappropriate for a "family" establishment. I sure hope they drain that pool often. They next night must have been swingers/orgy night in the jacuzzi! The sreaming pimps chastizing and smacking around their prostitutes and the extremely desparate crack-head/prostitutes soliciting door to door on the 1st level where I spent my first night were extrmely abnoxious and AGRESSIVE. (Touchy/graby)

After NOT getting a nights sleep I had to demand a room change. I was upgraded to Roach petting zoo. I had actually gone a lifetime without ever seeing a "roach". Well, I've seen a lifetimes worth, thanks to the ole Voyager! I mean roaches were EVERWHERE. They almost formed a mural over the bed. The next night there seemd to be a lot of police activity. Apparetly my next door drug-dealer neighbor decided he didn't like his girlfriend anymore so he tried to strangle her.

I won't get into the smells because they are truly UNREAL. I just CAN'T BELIEVE the wet carpets and the putrid smell of some type of animal urine, in 100% humidity.

I would not even drive down the same streer of this dump again. I was too afraid to sleep on the bed so I layed some blankets that I purchased and laid on the floor. The next morning I left all of it and got in my rental and drove away. Now living in west los angeles it just all seems like a bad dream on acid!

Please, please give this place a chance if if you need to be punished for some reason! Means you did something REALLY, REALLY BAD!

• Stayed: September 2011
20  Thank jayinLA72
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I had some work meetings in Northridge, so I needed a cheap place to stay. Up until this point in my life, all the cheap motels I'd ever stayed at were decent places to sleep, shower, and maybe watch TV. I thought all those stories about sleazy motels were just snobby exaggerations. Boy was I wrong.

First of all, the lady at the desk was not professional. She didn't seem to care that I was paying money for a service. She even gave me the wrong key. All of this, of course, was later put in perspective when I saw how crappy one day at this hotel could be.

As I walked down the hall to my room, I noticed that it was extremely hot and smelly. The sound of babies crying could be heard from literally every room. Apparently people camp out in this motel with their dysfunctional families. When I finally found my room, I found out my key didn't work. Great. I had to trek all the way back to their lobby, past the thugs and drug dealers hanging out by pool.

The first thing I noticed when I entered the room was the cockroaches scurrying for shelter. That's apparently common at these crappy motels in the area, but that alone was enough to make me want to leave. Unfortunately I didn't have a choice but to stay. The shower was moldy, and there was no soap/shampoo. The shower spray was like one of those rinse showers they have at some beaches in So Cal (weak). The carpet was stained and ugly.

That night, early in the AM, I heard a faint knocking on my door. At first I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me, but I heard it again. Yep, someone was actually knocking on my door, albeit very quietly, at 4:30 am. I deduced that it couldn't be housekeeping, and was probably someone I didn't need/want to talk with. I tried checking the peephole, bit the damn thing didn't work at all. The eerie knocking continued for about an hour. For all I know, it was probably the ghost of the person who got murdered in my room. A more likely scenario is that it was a junkie or a prostitute looking for something illegal.

As I left the next morning, the staff was in the middle of escorting a wandering drug addict/ prostitute from the premises. Maybe she was the one knocking on my door. They should have just let her stay because she matched the decorations.

Overall, this place gave me a new fear of god. I felt like I needed to take a shower after being in this smelly roach motel, even after I used the shower. The only reason anyone should stay here is if they're filming a documentary on America's worst motels. Don't believe the numbers (this one is #219 I believe). This one is the WORST. It's just waiting to be shut down and razed. Pay the extra 10$ and stay in a place that won't kill your inner child.

Room Tip: Don't stay anywhere on this street.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
20  Thank baitkenh
Reviewed 2 February 2010

My wife was looking for a place for us to stay while she was on business in Van Nuys. The hotel was close to her work, so it seemed like a great idea. I wish I had known about TripAdvisor prior to. When she booked it, my wife comically said, "It's an inn, inns are always nice." She rethought that statement upon check-in.
After hurridly stashing everything from a GPS receiver to pocket change out of sight in the car and walking down a sidewalk quaintly lined with buildings sporting an assortment of bars on the windows, we made it to the front desk. The lobby, as others have stated, was nice. The nautical theme somewhat brigthened the mood... until it's time to speak with the desk clerk. This is made difficult by the pane of bullet-proof glass. The only good thing I can say about the hotel is the receptionist was friendly... And had the air of someone who knew the hotel where they worked was garbage.
The hallways were a confusing maze of outside-inside transitions with no real directions on the nifty sailing signs. Several of the lights in the hall were out, creating a wonderful atmosphere of a sinking ship.
After the journey to our room, we weren't expecting much. And we weren't disappointed. The television looked like a 70's edition that was dropped off the back of a truck, the floor had some sort of interesting stains that I chose not to inspect, the bedspread looked like the Dateline team came in and vomited when they turned on the blacklight.
The bathroom was where the fun began. Tiles falling off the walls, some sort of crusty mold growing everywhere, and a conspicously absent shower curtain. The towels were too disgusting to mention.
I refused to let my wife leave the room alone, and I spent most of the night staring at the door, ensuring the nefarious characters making the noises outside weren't going to come in.
Overall, the experience was actually enjoyable... but then again, I'm one of those people who find hilarity in the most atrocious situations imaginable. If you and your significant other can spend hours laughing at things crawling up the walls, then I highly recommend the Voyager Motor Inn!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business