“A shambles ”

OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #678 of 11,732 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Description: STK artfully blends the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge into one, offering a dynamic, fine dining experience, with the superior quality of a traditional steak house. An essential Hollywood hangout and celebrity hot spot located in W Los Angeles.
Reviewed 4 November 2020 via mobile

What a disappointment after having been to a number of other STKs. We booked through open table and our Uber was late so we called to say we would be 10 minutes later. Not sure why we bothered as it was a a shambles so disorganised so many people waiting despite having tables booked we ended up being seated 25 minutes after we got there. The area outside is near the pool and the decor and seating really isn’t up to the standard we would expect. Our food arrived before they even brought out the complimentary bread and our server Teal to be fair was very apologetic. The toilets were grubby pool toilets. The food was fair enough but really disappointed with the whole experience and what a let down and doesn’t live up to STK standard at all.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank 936sophiap
Write a reviewReviews (112)

Reviewed 8 May 2020

We stopped in for a drink on the way back to our room in the W Hotel. Bartender was friendly and talkative but man, no action in this place.

Date of visit: November 2019
2  Thank SLYCAST
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

I have NOTHING but great things to say. Amazing food, great service, outstanding and fun atmosphere. My birthday was the best!

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank carebear9577
Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

Valet service was quick and easy. Like all things, make sure you read the instructions thoroughly. Once you walk into the Hotel, the restaurant will be on your left. Nice vine amd ambience. Bar is nice but for dates, the booths towards the back is a must. They play a variety of music over the speakers and the food is amazing. Expect an expensive dinner but it is a great place for a Date Night with your special significant other.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank AQualls
Reviewed 15 November 2019

I'm obsessed with STK. I'm an habituée back in Milan, it's one of my favorite spots in the city. So I had to try the LA venue! Disaster!! Basically the restaurant is empty and still there are so many tiny tables one stick to the other. WHY? I love large round tables in STK restaurants, I would understand the choice of having these little square tables all over the place if you had the restaurant overbooked but,since you clearly don't, I personally can't understand this choice. I don't know what it was, maybe the lightning mostly (in a place like this blue and pink cold lights are just a big nono) or maybe this empty room with just a few drunk men at the bar (there is no selection?) but the whole atmosphere looked cheap to me. Like very, very cheap.
I didn't pay for what we had, but since I know the prices of the restaurants I can say they're pretty fair for what you get.Usually. When I go to STK I expect a whole experience that includes food (but not only that), top notch service,music, warm atmosphere, a certain level of clientele; I'm sorry to say I didn't have this experience at STK in Westwood.
Hope it improves, there would be just a few things to fix and the whole place would totally change!

Date of visit: August 2019