“What a disappointment”

The Bazaar by Jose Andres
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bazaar by Jose Andres is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 10,918 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Cross street: San Vicente Blvd.
Description: Deemed "Four Stars" from the Los Angeles Time, finalist for the James Beard Awards' "Best New Restaurant," named Esquire Magazine's "Restaurant of the Year" and Zagat's "Top Newcomer," The Bazaar by José Andrés is a vibrant mix of sophisticated cuisine and playful lounge spaces where dining transcends into fete extraordinaire. Experience a collection of magical dining experiences, entwined in a modern-day, European-inspired "indoor piazza" -- savor pioneering culinary creations, delicacies from roving carts and delicious libations by James Beard Award-Winning Chef José Andrés. The Bazaar also boasts a Wine Spectator 'Award of Excellence' winning wine list featuring extensive selections from Spain and California as well as all the classic wine regions of the old world and new. Visit our website to learn more about our ongoing programming, including Cigar Night on Blanca Terrace (every 3rd Wednesday of the month) and decadent wine pairing dinners.
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Being an Advocate Ambassador for the Miami premises what a disappointment in LA.
Fantastic SLS hotel but what a chaos and uneventful menu in LA

2  Thank MLCHB
Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Very interesting food plating and combinations. Service was impeccable with our server Matt taking real good care of us as it was our first time .
Must try when you are in LA

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I went to eat at this amazing place situated at the SLS Hotel in Bev Hills. Best decision ever of my entire holiday. The food was amazing. The staff , from the moment we arrived and taken to our seats, were fantastic. We were the only people there with kids but they were very accommodating. They made us all matching drinks ( cocktails for us ) and mocktails for the kids!! The food was amazing ( think we ordered more than we could consume). They have great attention to detail as they even had a menu that accommodated our allergies ( shellfish & nuts). The decor was out of this world! Form the colour changing glowing chair that the kids discovered to the "wow" bathroom with the mirror finish! I was suitably impressed and plan on going back there with my friends!

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

I believe that if Jose Andres knew that an ordinary family went to celebrate a birthday and were treated poorly he’d be very disappointed. Had we been celebrities I’m sure we’d be given much better customer service. I requested to sit at a nearby table and was refused...staff seemed annoyed at my request. The tables were never filled while we were there so I can only assume they were being saved for a more important person (just in case). It’s really a shame that management of this establishment don’t represent well for Chef Andres. The food was amazing despite the fact that the waitress didn’t even know what some of it was. When a family decides to spend $500 for a special occasion (which is a lot of $ for us) the waitress should know what she’s serving and everyone should be enthusiastic about providing a wonderful experience. We will definitely not visit this restaurant again -especially because there are so many new and exciting restaurants in Los Angeles.

2  Thank Oi26
Reviewed 3 February 2018

I had the pleasure of having dinner at the SLS Bazaar yesterday with a couple of friends and I must say that our server Ali was spectacular. He went over the restaurant shared plate concept and even went over the must haves dishes. I must say that the restaurant is a mesh of weird/modern antiquity, and that in itself is pretty unique. The manager, Denny even passed by our table and offered us Taitinger Brut champagne, and gave us a personalized tour of the restaurant. The food is very creative and I highly suggest you start with the cotton candy foie gras and/or the philly sandwich. They were delicious! Spectacular service all around from all SLS Bazaar teammates! I will surely visit again. Make sure to ask for Ali as a server!