1,345 results
All reviewssignature clubfireweed grillhot tubsteam roomair conditioningbeautiful locationbighorn loungeloft roomunderground parkingguest serviceswoody's pubwalking trailsnakiska skinordic spaski hillceiling fanmarket cafe
Reviewed 5 July 2018

You know you have arrived and are in for an authentic and relaxing experience when you get out of your car and smell the wood burning fire right in front of the hotel. The combination of a stunning mountain view and the smell just relaxes you immediately.
The rooms are remodeled and look stunning. I highly recommend the Loft Suites for a home away from home experience. Those have floor to ceiling windows. The suites have very high ceilings. It gives you a feeling of being right outside in nature with amazing views of the valley and the mountains. The sunset views were spectacular.
The service at this property was fabulous and at very high standards. Everyone was very friendly, welcoming, genuine and had a wealth of information about the area.

The Nordic Spa is a must do while on the property. This is was a very relaxing experience. Enjoy the outdoor pools with those spectacular views of the mountains.

Food; it was so good. Everything I ate was fresh, creative and of high quality. Do NOT miss a dinner at the Cedar Room. Probably one of the best dinners I had in North America. The meat was so fresh and tasty. The service was great and again... the view... A perfect experience.

I can't wait to come back. Thank you, everyone, for this amazing experience.

Room Tip: Book a Loft Suite for amazing views and comfort
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Julia J
Marianne S, Guest Relations Manager at Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Julia J.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience here at Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge.

I am very pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable experience, and that you had the opportunity to experience the Nordic Spa, and the amazing food at Cedar Room. We pride ourselves at giving the very best to our guests, so it's great to know that we succeeded in providing that to you! I believe that we are soon to be known as that "hidden gem" that gives you the feel of the Rockies, without the crowds of the tourist towns.

We look forward to seeing you soon, and thanks again!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Attended the 55 North Conference.
The Conference was very well done and the staff and facilities were great.
Shout out to the following staff:
Steven the GM, Marissa the PI,
Rebecca, Justin,and Chelsea working at the Nordic Spa.
Thank you for the experience.
RH

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Rummybum
Marianne S, Guest Relations Manager at Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hello Rummybum, (love the screen name!)

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We always appreciate the kudos and are pleased to know that everything went well with your experience here at the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, and that you enjoyed your time at the 55 North Conference. I will pass your thanks along to our staff.

Thanks again, and we look forward to your next trip to K-Country!

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights on a Fly-Drive . Everything was First Class . Great views on the hiking trails , long or short depending on your fitness . Great places to eat from fine-dining to pub food . Spa and pool facilities . All part of a small community type complex a few miles off the main highway . A wonderful relaxing stay !

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank andrewdillonj
Carmen V, Guest Relations Manager at Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you so much for your review andrewdillonj!
We are so happy that you enjoyed the ease of our Fly-Drive programs and the variety of activity and experience we can offer here due to our location in the Kananaskis Valley! Thanks!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Family of 5 with little kids, so we book adjoining rooms. Confirmed the day before arrival. When we got to the hotel were told "oh, we oversold, you can two rooms on separate floors." We said that wouldn't work, so the solution was to cram us into a standard room. We were part of a group and were to be provided with meal vouchers, but they forgot about those.
The bathub had dirt and grass in it when we got in, and one of the shelves has nails sticking up out of the bottom which is great for both kids to play with and destroying your clothes. Our room was over the lobby and had a view of a roof (see photo) and provided great listening to the drumming performed in the lobby that evening while trying to put kids to bed. The room was very hot, and the thermostat was set to low temperature, when we called the front desk they advised that although air conditioning was working in the hallways, it was broken for the rooms so we should just prop the room door open.
Because we were crammed into a small room, they provided a cot - the mattress of which had springs that jutted out uncomfortably.
On the second day I asked the concierge for directions to one of the restaurants while holding a 3 year old, the directions were fine, but when we got to the other side of the property were then told "no minors allowed" - information that I could have used when asking for directions.
Every morning the alarm went off at 5:59 a.m. - the first time I blamed housekeeping for not resetting and myuself for not checking, but despite both setting it to 9:00 am and turning it off, it still went off at 5:59 so perhaps not a housekeeping error after all, just one more element to the torture this hotel provided.
It went on and on like that. From the sales manager, to the front desk manager, to the front desk and concierge staff everyone who worked there seemed to be either disinterested to an amazing degree, or stupid beyond belief.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank drsnowdon
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear drsnowdon,
Thank you for you review, terribly hard to read as it is. I am frankly ashamed that we seemed to have let you down so badly and as you say, consistently during your stay.
If you read other reviews, the one thing that we can usually hang our hat on and be proud of is our customer service, we pride ourselves on delivering the best Authentic service that we are able. Plainly we let ourselves down in your case, which is more shocking than anything.
We are neither dis- interested or stupid as you put it, we try very hard to be attentive and helpful,and I am at somewhat of a loss to know what happened this time.
I apologize on behalf of the entire team here at the Lodge and can assure you that this is most definitely a one off, never to be repeated.
Every point in your review will be followed up and action taken to ensure this.
I do hope that one day we can have the opportunity of proving you wrong and that we are really much. much better than your stay suggests. Stephen

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Great location, views, rooms and amenities, BUT service was very inconsistent on a number of things. Housekeeping failed to replenish items in the bathroom, dirty drinking glasses, to empty either waste basket in the room some days, not others. In the restaurant and banquet hall for events, some staff really poorly trained, not bringing cutlery and condiments with food that obviously needs them, passed hors d'oeuvres all night without a single napkin, buffets kept running out of food, nobody watching and re-supplying as needed. Basically sloppy and inconsistent training, it did not make it a bad holiday, just a shame they did not manage better. Maybe had to do with the season change over for summer, but this is not even busy season yet. It was a shame, since they are capable of doing much better and they have great facilities.

By the way, local hiking trails are nice. Quick trip up to Troll Falls (maps at the front desk) is really pretty for a 90 minute break.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

David B : Thank you for your review, you are quite right this should have been a 5. I have no excuses for the poor and obviously inconsistent service levels that you experience.
My only defence is that this is far from the standards of service that we set ourselves and far from the levels we usually achieve.
I am sorry that we fell short on these occasions, I would love to know a little more detail, such as which event that you attended amongst many other details.
The more Iknow the better I can put right the issues and get us back to where we should be and where we usually are in terms of service and customer care.
My direct line is 403 591 6206, if you have a moment, please don't hesitate to call me.
Thanks for the hiking tips, I look forward to hearing from you.
Stephen