“Have your next conference here - your guests will love you for it”
Review of Malibu Beach Inn

Malibu Beach Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Malibu
Reviewed 29 July 2011

In the middle of winter, I had the opportunity stay at the Malibu Beach Inn for a conference. Although I wasn't sure how it would be based upon some of the properties on the way in, from the moment I set foot inside, I was not disappointed and a sense of utter warmth and relaxation seeped into my bones. I arrived a bit early, and my room was not ready. As I needed to work, they put me up at a table with a spectacular view of the ocean, an internet connection and an electric plug. I worked happily (and had a fresh lunch and salad) until my room was ready at 2pm. I remember thinking: I wish I could just come here on vacation and sit and relax, and if I can -- I will.

Once the room was ready and I went in, I continued to be incredibly happy. I had a gorgeous view of the ocean (i.e. we were right on it) and I could literally hear the waves while I got to work on my desk. The bed was massive and incredibly comfortable and the bathroom was modern and decked out with all sorts of lovely little amenities. I felt like I was in paradise even though I was in the middle of some very busy work amongst meetings. I even Skyped people in Switzerland (who were freezing at the time) and they agreed that the room and the view was divine. The staff were also incredibly helpful at the end of the stay and organized a taxi to pick me up from the conference venue and return me to the airport.

It's hard to think of something derogatory to say about the Malibu Beach Inn. Based upon my estimate of non-conference rates, I would say that the hotel might be a bit pricy. Also, there's not that much around it. There's a pier and another restaurant within walking distance. If you're a more avid walker, there is a shopping center with a grocery center further up the coast highway - but this may be one of those places where you want a car, even though there is plenty of traffic on the road.

The high ratings of this hotel are certainly justified.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
malibubeachinn, Public Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at the Malibu Beach Inn! We're delighted that you had the opportunity to stay with us during your coference and we're elated to receive such glowing feedback! We always love to hear that everything met or exceeded a guest's expectations. Your feedback is so very much appreciated and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed 28 July 2011

I took my girl friends to the Malibu Beach Inn during the carmageddon weekend. We enjoyed every single minute. The food was amazing, the views were breathtaking, and the service was 5 star. This is better than staying in some swanky cheesy commercial hotel. Worth every dollar.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for sharing a weekend with us this summer! We're delighted to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay immensely! We always love the opportunity to welcome our Malibu neighbors and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed 23 July 2011

While visiting universities, we stayed with three teenagers in adjoining rooms 309 and 310. The service was amazing. The accommodations were beautiful. Every room has a beautiful view of the beach. The food presentation at the restaurant exemplary, and every dish we ordered was tasty as well as appealing.

Service at this hotel appears seamless. Our only complaint was when one of the service hosts laughed to himself when we asked where a convenience store might be. After all, this is Malibu. However, teenagers prefer cheetoes to the mini bar! :)

We would stay here again. The views and service are worth the steep price.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank soonertourist
malibubeachinn, Public Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us, and thank you sharing your experience with us! We're so delighted to hear that (most) everything met your expectations and we apologize if our response to any request came across as anything less than helpful. I assure you that many of us stop by convenience stores and enjoy cheetoes now and again as well! :) We truly appreciate your kind and honest feedback, and we look forward to the opportunity to host you and your family again soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed 15 April 2011

After booking a room at a bed and breakfast in Malibu (will write a scathing review on that at another time...) and promptly checking out, we didn't have a lot of choices as Malibu doesn't have many hotel rooms. So, we called the Malibu Beach Inn and checked in for a few nights. Our experience couldn't have been better. People were friendly, I was expecting attitude for some reason but none was to be found. The room was spotless and very well appointed- loved the fireplace. The view, needless to say, was stunning. My favorite part was the breakfast. Not sure why, but it was so good! Even though I live in Malibu I will always look for an excuse to stay here.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MalbuMom
malibubeachinn, Public Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2011

Thank you so much for choosing Malibu Beach Inn and sharing your experience with us! We're delighted to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations in many ways! (And we're so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience elsewhere!) We always love the opportunity to welcome our Malibu neighbors and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed 9 April 2011

Once again, we had an amazing stay at the Malibu Beach Inn. I continue to love the design of this hotel. The queen oceanfront rooms are beautiful, cozy, and inviting, and the small public spaces are breathtaking.

While I adore the beauty and comfort of the rooms, what sets this hotel apart from others in the Santa Monica/Malibu area is the consistent excellence of the service. We were greeted warmly from the moment we arrived, and made to feel welcome over and over again. The valet/bell desk attendants are friendly and efficient. The front desk staff treated us as returning family members, and went out of their way to attend to our special requests. They were relentlessly cordial, friendly, and helpful. In addition, this hotel has a fantastic guest relations manager - Krista Kim - who greeted us by name and warmly welcomed us back.

We had oceanfront connecting rooms which were always exactingly clean and lovingly cared for. The food at the Malibu Beach inn, in the restaurant as well as through room service, was top notch. (Nicholas Eckerman, Director of Food and Beverage for the hotel personally delivered our order one evening). Cocktails in the bar are handmade and deftly poured. We had a breakfast and dinner from room service, dinner with a guest in the restaurant, and breakfast for five on the terrace one morning. In each case, the service was spot on, and the food was beautifully prepared and served.

This is easily my favorite hotel in Southern California.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank TerrellMarshall

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Malibu Beach Inn! We're delighted to receive such glowing feedback and we always love to hear that everything met or exceeded a guest's expectations. Your feedback is so very much appreciated and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malibu
Shore Hotel
Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
Viceroy Santa Monica
Viceroy Santa Monica
#8 of 36 in Santa Monica

Been to Malibu Beach Inn? Share your experiences!