In the middle of winter, I had the opportunity stay at the Malibu Beach Inn for a conference. Although I wasn't sure how it would be based upon some of the properties on the way in, from the moment I set foot inside, I was not disappointed and a sense of utter warmth and relaxation seeped into my bones. I arrived a bit early, and my room was not ready. As I needed to work, they put me up at a table with a spectacular view of the ocean, an internet connection and an electric plug. I worked happily (and had a fresh lunch and salad) until my room was ready at 2pm. I remember thinking: I wish I could just come here on vacation and sit and relax, and if I can -- I will.
Once the room was ready and I went in, I continued to be incredibly happy. I had a gorgeous view of the ocean (i.e. we were right on it) and I could literally hear the waves while I got to work on my desk. The bed was massive and incredibly comfortable and the bathroom was modern and decked out with all sorts of lovely little amenities. I felt like I was in paradise even though I was in the middle of some very busy work amongst meetings. I even Skyped people in Switzerland (who were freezing at the time) and they agreed that the room and the view was divine. The staff were also incredibly helpful at the end of the stay and organized a taxi to pick me up from the conference venue and return me to the airport.
It's hard to think of something derogatory to say about the Malibu Beach Inn. Based upon my estimate of non-conference rates, I would say that the hotel might be a bit pricy. Also, there's not that much around it. There's a pier and another restaurant within walking distance. If you're a more avid walker, there is a shopping center with a grocery center further up the coast highway - but this may be one of those places where you want a car, even though there is plenty of traffic on the road.
The high ratings of this hotel are certainly justified.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificently nestled right on the sands of famed "Billionaire’s Beach," Malibu Beach Inn is a spectacular ocean-front getaway within minutes of LA. Since its inception in 1989, Malibu Beach Inn has become a beloved destination for both leisure and business travelers. After a complete, contemporary multi-million-dollar renovation, Malibu Beach Inn re-opened its doors as the only luxury oceanfront hotel destination between Santa Monica and Santa Barbara, offering guests unsurpassed levels of luxury and service on the sands of exclusive Carbon Beach. The Malibu Beach Inn is approximately 22 miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The hotel embraces the serene beauty of the Malibu coastline through its landscaping, architecture and interior design. It also embodies the spirit of one of Southern California's most exclusive communities through the warm hospitality of its multilingual, European-trained staff, its signature beach club, and a unique collection of artwork by contemporary painter Glenn Ness. The Carbon Beach Club features California coastal cuisine with Pacific Rim accents that is complemented by an outstanding and extensive list of hand-selected small-production wines from California's premier wine regions. The dining room offers both indoor and outdoor dining, both of which boast breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the sound of the tumbling surf below.Guest rooms feature private balconies, minibars, coffeemakers, hairdryers, bathrobes, DVD players, safes, complimentary high-speed Internet access, fireplaces (most rooms), and private hot tubs (some rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Malibu Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibu Beach Hotel Malibu
- Beach Inn Malibu
- Malibu Beach Bed Breakfast