US$360
US$359
US$275
US$239
Travelocity
The Surfrider Malibu(Malibu)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$482
  • Beachfront
Malibu Beach Inn(Malibu)(Great Value!)
US$749
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
US$94
US$224
US$204
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills(Agoura Hills)(Great Value!)
US$166
Hotels.com
Aja Malibu(Malibu)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsliquor storeaffordable placehardwood floorswalking distancemalibu pierlocation is greatmini fridgelove this place
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We were given a room right on the Pacific Coast highway they even provide ear plugs. You might get a sea view if you book upstairs. But if you can find a crossing handy for the beach and the pier. The wall a/c struggles to keep you cool. However parking is free so handy for a stop over.

Room Tip: Get upstairs for a sea view or round the rear of premises for a peaceful sleep!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tonythebedouin
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Since I grew up in the area and stayed at The M Malibu for 10 days, I think I have a qualified and thorough feel for the property. This is not the Nobu Ryokan Hotel in Malibu. The M Malibu is a refurbished motel for mostly transient visitors on their way to somewhere else or the occasional aging surfer or family for a weekend getaway. Bamboo floors, refrigerator, a table & two chair, open shelving for clothes and a bare bones decent bathroom is what you get. I was thankfully given a quieter room on the second floor with a peek of the Ocean. Although no room is really that quiet since the hotel sits on the north side of Pacific Coast Highway (PCH). Reading reviews in advance, I came equipped with my air purifier that produces white noise. The noise from PCH dwindles down at night unlike the occassional noisy neighbor. Walls are thin although beds and bathrooms tend to be on far opposite walls of the adjoining rooms so privacy is not an issue. My room had a bath shower combo with a window looking out on folliage and the Santa Monica Mountains. Second and Third floor rooms have balconies. No one walks here because of the four lanes of PCH but take advantage of The M free parking and walk to the Malibu Pier, Malibu Country Mart, the Estuary and Museum and of course the beach. Billionaire's Beach or Carbon Beach is across the street so take in the $85 million dollar home Geffen just sold or the $48 million Richard Meier (Getty Museum architect) Larry Ellison just bought. After much homeowner resistence the beach is now public 10 feet out from the homes. Next to The M is an amazing pizza and Pacific Coast Greens, the latter a green grocery with take out. The only drawback was passing the homeless man who seems to have claimed the sidewalk between the market and The M as his evening retreat.
The major disappointment I encountered was... the stench from the septic tank - yep, Malibu is largely on septic. I smelled it earlier in the week and sure enough the day before I departed the truck came and pumped out the tank. I would have preferred a "heads up" in order to leave the room during the process happening right outside my sliding glass doors however guests were not informed. I mentioned my suggestion and disappointment to the office but was never contacted by the manager.

Stayed: July 2017
4  Thank WhatIKnow
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Checked in, free parking. Pool wasn't so clean but could have been nice if the filter was running and water not so still. I went down to corner liquor store for our drinks-rough characters here. Next door to that is a marijuana dispensary. No cell signal in this neighborhood. The room had been updated except for caulk! I could do this myself in 10 minutes. Just a few tweaks and this place could be less creepy. Views were not much. The hidden gem here is a steep walkway in their backyard that leads to some patio furniture with a great view! We sat up there and watched fireworks from the Malibu pier. That was worth all the rest.

Room Tip: Get the cheapest room none are that special. They provide ear plugs
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daisy5115
Reviewed 29 June 2017

we booked 2 rooms via a 3rd party though as the card hadn't gone through the rooms were held on standby - no notification to alert us of this. On arrival we took the last two available rooms, one room hadn't been cleaned from the previous resident and was a total mess. There was no other option at this point in the evening but to share a room between 2 work colleagues. 'Don't worry' the owner said, 'we will only charge you for the one room....' like we were ever going to pay for a dirty, uncleaned room?

This hotel is right next to the highway and is, as a result very noisy. ear plus are provided but don't fix the fact this is just a really noisy spot.

Beds were comfy and the AC was welcome.

Great procximity to the beach - we had a swim in the morning and it was lovely. For what you pay for, this is an expensive option and we certainly wouldn't use again

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank nzd31155
Reviewed 28 May 2017

The M Malibu is a nice place in a great location, with large and functional rooms with some amenities. Nevertheless, it is very noisy from the Pacific Coast Highway, so if your sleep is light, like mine, I would strongly advise to chose another place. No breakfast included.

Room Tip: Ask for a less noisy room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple