“Great Place for a Weekend Birthday Get-Away”
Review of The Belamar Hotel

The Belamar Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Needed a getaway close to home for my birthday weekend. Love mid-century modern decor and the boutique hotel environment so I chose the Belamar Hotel. I was not disappointed. I planned a girlfriend's getaway/slumber party last September. My room -no. 225 -aka the Josie Suite was large enough to accommodate 2 roll away beds in addition to the comfortable queen size Murphy bed with plenty of room to spare. Loved the large bathroom with jacuzzi tub and the balcony overlooking the courtyard. The staff and service is amazing! I have stayed at many boutique hotels but found the Belamar to have the best service. Appreciated the complimentary dvd movie selection available at the front desk. I hosted a Sat. night happy-hour birthday party for 12 in the hotel's bar lounge followed by a get together at the hotel's pool and jacuzzi. The atmosphere was terrific and the food, drinks and service provided by the staff of The Second Story restaurant bar was exemplary. Also greatly appreciated the free valet parking for my guests who joined us for dinner. Everyone had a great time. Following the slumber party, the weekend continued with an excellent and affordable $13.00 buffet breakfast at the restaurant. This is the first time I have actually enjoyed a hotel restaurant and found the food not only excellent but well priced! I spent a quiet day enjoying the pool and balcony. I will be returning soon. Please note that for those travelling with pets- this is a pet friendly hotel with the small non-refundable pet deposit being donated to a local rescue group!

Room Tip: For those desiring balconies request a second or third floor courtyard view. Rooms 225 and 325 are...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
tbeedon, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Dear jmfar9,

I am whistling Happy Birthday with a big smile on my face as I write this because I love your review of the Belamar! Thank you jmfar9 for spending so much time to write about your recent birthday getaway weekend with your girlfriends.

It was a pleasure to read about your stay in room 225, and even more exciting to read how much you enjoyed Second Story restaurant. I agree it's a great spot for a get together and in fact, I'm even coming back for dinner tonight with some of my own friends because I too love it that much!

Second Story truly is a fun place to spend time with your friends offering great food, friendly service and special little surprise bag for your birthday. If your girlfriend didn't receive hers, please let me know and I'll get it right out so you can give it to her.

Please give your girlfriend a big birthday hug from your friends at the Belamar. We hope to see each of you back for your respective birthdays and we'll make sure to have room 225 ready for you when you come!

Have a super weekend jmfar9 and thank you again!

There are newer reviews for The Belamar Hotel

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Great hotel as far as atmosphere, rooms, comfy beds and linens. Good convenient location as well which makes it easy to go into Manhattan Beach (coastal), Hermosa Beach, freeway and the airport (LAX).
Only challenge for me was that the space heater under the window was very noisy and clicked on every minute or so. Finally found my ear plugs at 3am and did get some sleep. Otherwise no complaints.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
tbeedon, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Dear Shelly S,

There is no need to bring your own ear plugs, we have them here for you complimentary!

We understand our guests may have a hard time staying or falling asleep now and then, as well as the occasional noise that may come from a faulty A/C unit or party in the courtyard. That's why we keep a supply of Belamar Serenity Kits on hand, complimentary, for those regrettably sleepless nights.

Thank you for recognizing our beds and linens are comfy which is one of our hallmarks. However next time you stay with us, please rest assured we will have a serenity kit available for you to help you fall and stay asleep. Our kits not only come with ear plugs, they come with lavender mist for your pillows and linens, and a special mask for your eyes so you can cover all your senses to insure a restful night’s sleep.

Thank you again Shelly S for the nice review. I look forward to seeing you back again very soon!

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Stayed there twice already, superb location, friendly staff, clean,modern rooms and walking distance to manhattan village mall. Bikes are available and only 10 minutes to manhattan beach. Everything just works here and "manicure Monday's" are a bonus! :-)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
tbeedon, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear Babyccino,

Thank you for the great review, we love the Belamar too! And what makes our hotel even more special, are the outstanding guests such as yourself who make it such a pleasure to come to work everyday.

Thank you again for the great review and thank you for staying at the Belamar. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon.

Make it an great day Babyccino!

Reviewed 27 January 2012

By now we've probably stayed at The Belamar in Manhattan Beach at least a dozen times. We used to stay at the Marriott, but have found the smaller, more personal experience at The Belamar much more satisfying. The staff is always helpful and friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable, the food great and the valet staff terrific. No problems, no complaints. The price is great and the service even better.

Room Tip: We prefer the interior courtyard rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
tbeedon, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Dear Christina89403,

Excellent review and thank you for making the switch from the Marriott to the Belamar hotel. Wow, that's awesome and I thank you for your continued loyalty!

We will continue to earn your business Christina89403 by providing that unique, personal experience that only we can deliver. Our staff does a great job taking care of our guests such as yourself, and it's truly rewarding to be recognized for it on TripAdvisor.

Thank you again Christina89403 for your great comments. Come back soon and often and make sure to look me up next time you're in town.

Have a great week!

Reviewed 26 January 2012

This unique hotel is located within walking distance to great restaurants, services, and a mall. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. There's a beautiful jogging path just steps from the hotel which goes right to the beach and the seaside downtown area. The hotel's fitness room is small but adequate if guests prefer to exercise indoors. A small fleet of bicycles are available free of charge to guests for exploring the lovely surrounding neighborhoods. I didn't get a chance to dine in the restaurant but it is very highly rated and has a nice retro decor. I had a room looking over the courtyard and it was absolutely quiet at night. In short, all the features of a big hotel in a funkier and more fun package!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank lisa94553

Dear lisa94553,

Thank you for relating how easy it is to walk to great restaurants, shopping and services from the Belamar. Staying at the Belamar is a great alternative to those who want to choose a healthy lifestyle hotel. We are so lucky to be located in such an awesome micro climate in Southern California where walking and running is beautiful weather is available nearly 365 days per year!

Our proximity to the Wood Chip Trail that leads you on a short, 1 1/4 mile walk/run to downtown Manhattan Beach is nearly perfect. On my days off, I like to park my car at the hotel and take my dogs for a walk down the path then wind my way back to the hotel strolling through beautiful neighborhoods and chatting with our friendly Manhattan Beach neighbors.

Thank you again for your great comments lisa94553 and please come back again soon. I'd love to meet you in person if I haven't already.

Have a great week-

P.S.
Don't forget to try Second Story restaurant next time you stay with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manhattan Beach
4.2 km away
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
#1 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to The Belamar Hotel? Share your experiences!