“Really good food and ambience”

Mamas And The Tapas Cafe
Ranked #8 of 187 Restaurants in Manteca
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Wow! Am I glad we found this little gem in Manteca! The restaurant has a cool urban vibe, and is also clean and modern.

Orders are placed at the counter and the food is delivered to your table. I ordered the jerk chicken and empanadas. Hubby had the cubano sandwich, which came with delicious...and I mean really delicious beans.

My jerk chicken was okay. Don't get me wrong, it was fresh, and prepared and seasoned well. Actually I've never tasted jerk chicken before so the taste is foreign to me. It wasn't bad at all. It's just that I'm not used to some of the spices that are used in preparing it. I probably would not order it again given that there are so many other yummy options available at this little gem.

The empanadas, on the other hand, were out of this world yummy! My husband also enjoyed his cubano sandwich. It was pretty darn tasty, and those beans were simply amazing.

The service is good, the restaurant is inviting and the food is delicious. We will definitely be back when traveling through the area.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We were visiting friends in Manteca - and we came here on St. Patrick's day. We shared one appetizer and 3 entrees and were not able to eat all of it. I highly recommend the chicken jerk tacos and the flautas. Such great flavor (not too spicy) and delicious slaw on the side. Also the cannonballs... soon good and hot and crispy AND creamy. The beers were excellent and the place is clean and has a good vibe. We met the owner and she's a sweetie. I highly recommend this to families, couples, friends... I can't wait to come back and try more.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

What an amazing lunch! The flavors, price and quality of food. My family brought us here and I'm so excited about this place. You know it's good everytime you take a bite and say oh my gosh... fantastic. Every visit from Oregon this will be our stop.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

This place knows how to cook caribbean. Spices are right on. Cubano sandwich tastes like you get in Little Havana. Even serve fried plantains

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Just got back from our first visit. The food was excellent. My wife had the empanada and I had the flautas. The beans, rice and salad were good as well.

We definitely will be back!