“Prophecy sadly fulfilled”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 2 July 2016

I have eaten here many times in the past. I stay in Manteca 6 or 7 nights a year and this restaurant is easily located. In the past, I worried about the small dining crowd and empty parking lot indicated a declining business. Worries fulfilled, as the quality has declined so much that for the first time, I did not eat at this buffet. My experience in 2015 was very poor. Lots of the dishes on the buffet are exhausted and not refilled quickly (I usually read and linger over a meal for an hour). The quality of the meats is so poor that even my favorite option, the Mongolian BBQ, is no longer worth a visit. Some of the dishes I tried (mostly Asian) were inedible. The sushi, especially, was suspect. The food is often old (soggy litchi nuts for example) and probably left over from the previous evening.

The service and the friendly demeanor of the staff is still excellent. Too bad that low income has resulted in poor quality food. I will miss this when I am again there next week.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

OUCH! I thought the Fuji Buffet in Syracuse was bad until I found one that was worse. Stay away unless you're starving or have lost your sense of taste. The photos shown in the Yelp pics are not true of what I'd seen.
I went for lunch and there was hardly any food on the buffet. This was 1:30 pm so I guess they had already given up on the lunch crowd. There were no mussels or peel and eat shrimp like was pictured so I'm not sure how long ago that pic was taken if even taken at this restaurant. I guess I should have known from the other pic which shows a motel sign next to their sign. They did have sushi, but then again so do most supermarkets now.
I guess what really got me going was the fact they had no egg rolls. To me that's the acid test of a China buffet. Not having egg rolls is like an ice cream parlor not having hot fudge.
So for me, it was just lots of Lo Mein.

Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

For the price, it's better to eat someplace else.

Concerned that parking lot is usually empty. Fix the place up.

Reviewed 14 August 2015

This restaurant, located near the Best Western and the Motel 6, seems closed. But it isn't: the meals are good and the check is cheap considering the number of various dishes you can select.

Reviewed 8 March 2015

We each paid $10 for all eat/drink pizza. The teams ate here - pre arranged. Plenty of food - hot and very good. We had a private room.