La Petite Maison
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Mendocino
See available hotels
Colombi Motel(Fort Bragg)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)
View Hotel
Ebb Tide Lodge(Fort Bragg)
View Hotel
Ocean Breeze Lodge(Fort Bragg)
View Hotel
Old Coast Hotel(Fort Bragg)
View Hotel
Harbor Lite Lodge(Fort Bragg)
View Hotel
North Cliff Hotel(Fort Bragg)
View Hotel
Anchor Lodge Motel(Fort Bragg)
  • Restaurant
All reviewscomfortable bedin townmaryskylightcottageredwoodsupstairsvrbogardenpropertyfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2016

My spouse and I came to La Petite Maison for our honeymoon in July 2014. The five acre property is serene and peaceful. The cottage is so lovingly decorated and the perfect size for a couple. The second floor with the bedroom has high ceilings, skylights, and is very spacious. We were able to see the annual Perseid meteor shower laying in our bed and looking above through the skylights.

There are majestic redwoods in the backyard. During the past 13 years we have stayed in other hotels as well as bed and breakfast establishments in Mendocino and La Petite Maison is our favorite. We came again in 2015 and this year for my birthday. We think the La Petite Maison is the best value in Mendocino.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2014

The cottage was the best part of our Mendocino stay. It is thoughtfully decorated and appointed. The kitchen is well enough equipped that cooking real meals is possible. (We cooked the three nights after going out our first night for a not very good meal. Buy fabulous fresh fish at the waterfront and meat/smoked meat on the main street in Fort Bragg.). It was chilly, so we appreciated the quick and efficient heater in the bathroom, the fluffy color coordinated quilts on the bed, and especially the wood burning stove, which was prepared with kindling and wood for a fire the first night, and enough wood for a fire every night. There is of course heat in each room of the cottage as well, but it was so relaxing to tend and read by the fire. There initially was a glitch with the WiFi which Mary was very prompt in getting fixed. She and Peter were very welcoming and available, but not intrusive. The cottage is very private and separated from Mary and Peter's house both visually and by trees, fence gate, etc. All in all an outstanding experience. (Note the bedroom and bath are upstairs.)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LSfromNYC
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My partner and I booked this lovely cottage over the 4th of July weekend. We have high expectations and I have to say, we were blown away by how charming this little spot is, and how wonderful the owner, Mary is. The cottage is PERFECTLY located just 5-10 minutes from town, so all of the amenities are close by, yet it's nestled way back into the redwoods for a peaceful and secluded feeling. We felt like we were completely alone in our own private paradise. That said, Mary and her husband live on the property in their own home that is a completely separate dwelling. Mary's huge gorgeous garden is lush and concealing and serves as a barrier between the buildings, so not only are you surrounded by beauty, you have plenty of privacy.

The cottage is super cute with a fireplace and a coastal theme. Every detail was covered - I can't think of anything we would want for. It was fully furnished, including all kitchen implements and bathroom needs. It was quietly luxurious with a very comfortable bed, plenty of cozy seating, light and windows to the redwoods everywhere, and even a skylight over the bed (eyemasks provided if you wanted, but the angle was built right so we didn't need them). It was lovely to look at the stars from bed!

Furthermore, which I thought was above and beyond for a weekend rental, we were provided with fresh strawberries, bananas, eggs, milk, butter, English muffins, coffee, and tea. Everything one could wish for a morning snack or continental breakfast.

I would consider this a very eco-friendly place, with a compost, recycling, and water/heat usage consciousness. Not in an intrusive way or anything that took away from the visit - just simple cognizance of reducing environmental impact.

Mary contacted us upon booking with some great information, and then followed up the day prior to arrival with directions. She was very forgiving of our uncertain arrival time, so we made our way leisurely up the coast and simply called when we arrived. She gave us a thorough but brief introduction to everything we would need to know, and left us to enjoy the serenity. Upon checkout, she came over to take our picture and ensure we had enjoyed our stay. Lovely hospitality. Attentive without being intrusive. We could have gabbed for quite a while as she's a lovely person had our travel plans allowed!

I would highly recommend this place. If we visit the area again, there's no question where we will stay. Mendocino certainly has its share of very high end fancy places, and this is not going to be the equivalent of that by any stretch, but it was delightful, clean, pristine, and absolutely cozy. If you're seeking charming escape in the woods, I would highly recommend it. We enjoyed it thoroughly.

One final note - my partner is on AT&T and did not have cell service (to his great pleasure). I was on Verizon and did. He said he found a WiFi signal but I'm not sure if that was supposed to be there or not.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2012

After suffering car troubles that stranded us in the area, and having reservations for Le Petite Maison that were for a few days from then, we decided to call and see if we could come early. Mary and Peter were very accommodating and had the place ready in a matter of hours...phew. We were as stressed as we could be when we arrived, a long few days on the road and sick car, I was shattered. It literally took about 17.5 minutes of being there for my worries to melt and for the relaxation to begin. This place is suitable as a base camp for exploring the area or as a self sufficient vacation home to spend time and relax. The decor was amazing, very country cottage chic, all amenities you need, full kitchen, beautiful bedroom and very welcoming hosts. I have very high praise for Le Petit Maison and for Mary and Peter who make the place what it is. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: N/A, it's a cottage
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RWChalke
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Our time at the cottage was very special. Mary and Peter Zama have created a charming environment on their property that is very special.
The cottage is cozy and private, surrounded by the forest, a lovely, well tended garden, occasional deer and a very friendly pond of frogs.
Five minutes from Route 1 La Petite Maison provides all the solitude of the forest with quick access to the beaches and small towns all along the coast.
Mary has appointed the rooms with a fine eye towards detail, with cozy chairs and fantastic throws and good lighting, and Pete has packed in an amazing collection of books.
It was a wonderful three days. Thank you both.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple