“Ughhhhh. !!!!!”

Ranked #12 of 17 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Hi gang,
Took a ride in my thru the Wine Country of Napa County up to Middleton, Ca and a new 2017 Corvette is perfectly made for twisty mountain roads. After "spending" a little time at Twin Pines Casino we looked for a lunch spot. I have been thru Middleton many times and I know there are not a whole helluvalotta places to eat. I'd read about Jolly Kone and felt good about stopping there.
It's nothing more than a fast food establishment reminiscent of every burger joint this side of Mars. I chose the mushroom burger, fries and a chocolate shake, the food was good, hot and fresh.
The disgusting thing was the flies constantly buzzing around the dining area. My wife refused to eat and walked out. I am normally not bothered by a distraction or two but enough was enough !!!! Seated next to a window I noticed the electronic pest control device was UNPLUGGED !! Are you kidding me ??? Cost saving ??? A noisy distraction ???
After managing down the burger (actually pretty good...) I tossed out the remainder of my fries, grabbed my shake and split. Returning to my vehicle there was at least a half dozen flies on my car parked over 50 ft from the front door. How can anyone want to eat here ?? This isn't rocket surgery !!! I fail to see how management can fail to notice this problem. I'd otherwise recommend a stop here for a typical burger-joint lunch but not until they can address this issue. I have to wonder what other areas of the facility that the public can't see must look like.....
I wish I could have better things to say but it is what it is. When it comes to eating here, stay hungry my friends......
Rich

Reviewed 20 January 2017

The Jolly Kone has been around since the 1960's and has gone through some updating to keep it fresh, but still nostalgic. Most complete meals can be bought for under $10.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

My friend and I had the fish and chips about 20.00 with drinks they were not bad only two fish each deep fried with fries I've had burgers and fries a few times too there fairly clean and the people are friendly this place takes me back to the 1960's

Reviewed 18 June 2015 via mobile

Just happened by on the way to Napa. Cute little roadside hamburger stand reminiscent of my youth. Burgers, shakes and fries all prepared fresh to order. The facility is clean and I would recommend to anyone driving by.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is a local hang-out for the kids as it is just across the street from the school. But, they do make a great hamburger and a twisted cone for a nice afternoon lunch.

1  Thank bestsales123