“Different pho noodles than I was expecting”
Review of Chicken Pho You

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chicken Pho You
Ranked #83 of 99 Restaurants in Millbrae
Reviewed 30 June 2016

I ordered the usual large combination pho dish that I've ordered elsewhere while my wife ordered tripe and tendons pho. The dishes came with thin rice noodles, not the usual chewier pho noodles that I've had almost everywhere other Vietnamese Pho shop. Its fine but I prefer the chewier pho noodles. Nothing that special about the place otherwise.

Reviewed 29 August 2015

This is best described as a Chinese greasy spoon, but not in a negative way. It's simple food, done reasonably well. It's the kind of casual place you go when you want a quick meal with a friend or even by yourself. Nothing elegant or complex on the menu -- just straight forward comfort food that caters to Asian clientele.

Chicken Pho You has opened a second location on downtown San Mateo's B Street. Haven't tried it yet. The dining room and kitchen there are quite small, so I don't know if the menu is the same.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The chicken noodle soup here was underwhelming. The broth was somewhat flavorful only after a liberal dousing of sriracha sauce. The meat-to-noodle ratio was woefully inadequate.

Also, avoid the smoothie. It's horribly watered down.

Given the mediocre quality of the food, we felt that the price was a tad inflated. Our bill averaged out to around $10 per person.