“The Real Deal”

La Petite Camille
Ranked #14 of 99 Restaurants in Millbrae
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Just simply the best Vietnamese restaurant that I have dined in outside of Viet Nam. The clay pot dishes are great, the fish and pho dishes remind me of a time past. My only regret is that I live so far away and nothing so far has compared to this menu or the quality of the food served. It does get crowded, it can become quite noisy and parking can be difficult but all worth the slight inconvernience for the real thing.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

We enjoyed our lunch at La Petite Camille. I have had much better Vietnamese food elsewhere, so I would describe this restaurant as "good," but not "great." Our server was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

We used to come here a lot 10yrs ago and we stopped coming once the quality deteriorated. Last night, we wanted Vietnamese food that was closeby and since we haven't been back, thought we'd give it a try again. As always, the place is crowded so it must be good! Once seated, the service was a bit slow. We ordered five spice chicken, fresh spring rolls (delish!), filet mignon cubes, crunchy noodles with cabbage and chicken, and string beans for veggie. Everything was good except the crunchy noodles which was saucy with dry chicken with almost no taste. With five dishes, it only costs us $56 excluding tips. I'd go back again and try other dishes.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

It's always a good sign when you walk in the door of an ethnic restaurant and their are tables full of people of that ethnicity. It's a very first sign that you're on the right track, foodwise.

La Petite Camille did not disappoint. We found the room full, mid-afternoon, on a Sunday. It's somewhat noisy, but not annoyingly so. The food we ordered was delivered speedily, along with hot tea. It was delicious.

My only minor critique was that the floor appeared not to have been vacuumed recently near where the waitstaff picked up the food and near the door. This was mid-afternoon after might well have been a busy lunch time, so I didn't let this alarm me.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

We were staying near SFO and walked past this place on our way to the BART station.
It always seemed busy, which we thought was a good sign so we tried it. Certainly not disappointed, excellent food and very good and personalised service. Highly recommend