“A big disappointment”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 15th and 16th St.
Reviewed 20 November 2017

We went to celebrate our 1 year anniversary at Dewz, I ordered the New York (I really wanted a Fillet but they didn't have any), my husband ordered the Kobe Prime Rib. His steak had good flavor but it was very thin and much smaller than the typical Prime Rib we normally gett. Our mashed potatoes were dry and cold and the broccoli and carrots were undercooked and cold. When the waiter came around to ask how our meals were I told him he were extremely disappointed. He brought out another plate with hot mashed potatoes and veggies. At $55 for the Prime Rib dinner and $44 for the New York we expect a great meal. Both meals were over priced and disappointing.

Dessert was great, the chocolate flourless cake...yum. You would think they would have at least comped the dessert but they did absolutely nothing other than apologize.

What happened to Dewz, it USED TO BE good!!! We will not go back, nor would we recommend Dewz.

1  Thank soulsisters

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Awesome food and we had an excellent waiter. Our waiter Benito, was very knowledgeable and very professional. I ordered the New York Steak medium and was cooked perfectly. The Lobster Bisque is very creamy and delicious. Great suggestion from our waiter. I really enjoyed the attention to detail we received, from not only our waiter, but from all the other waiters. They were their for us and kept pouring us wine, our glasses of water were full, and when my wife went to the restroom they folded her napkin and placed it on the table for her. I was very impressed.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

For years we have loved Dewz. We not only celebrate birthdays and anniversaries there, but we go there just for a nice dinner for no occasion at all, and in most cases the meals have been very good and worth the money....but not tonight. We went there for my wife's 56th birthday and we had pork ribs as appetizers - which were excellent, we had the Ceasar's salad, which was excellent (as always), and we had the Kobe beef style heart of the rib-eye steak, which costs $45 and was definitely NOT worth the money. One of our steaks was overdone (it came medium to medium well and we ordered them medium rare) and one of the two steaks was MUCH smaller than the other - noticeably smaller - and of course the smaller one was the one they overcooked. Neither of the two steaks came anywhere close to being worth $45. I've had expensive steaks at great steak houses in San Francisco and this wasn't that. This was an average steak. I've cooked much better, much more tender steaks on the grill in my back yard that I've gotten at Costco. The "Kobe style heart of the rib-eye....well, just choose something else.
Worse that the steaks were the side dishes (mashed potatoes and broccoli, both of which were cold....I'm talking at or below room temperature). When we took a fork full of them we just looked at each other in surprise and said, "These are cold!" at the same time. It was shocking, and so disappointing given that we've had so many great dinners at Dewz over many, many years. This was just....BAD. Had this been the first meal we'd ever had at Dewz we wouldn't have ever had a second. It will be some time before we give them another try.

1  Thank jjeppson
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I have been to Dewz many times for both work and play. The menu has a great selection and the staff is very attentive. One of the best in the valley.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

The service was excellent, and the waiter very friendly. The food was very good and the steak was prepared to the right temperature.

If I lived in the area, this would be a frequent dining location.