Ramada by Wyndham Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$199
Lone Oak Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$240
Hotels.com
US$249
US$199
US$193
Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$831
US$659
  • Pool
3,906 results
All reviewssports barping pongfireplace loungefire pitconference centerpebble beachbig surcannery rowminute driveroad tripfisherman's wharfknucklecaliforniahwyaquariumcoastvalet
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Room was fine but billing was not forthright. After securing the reservation at an agreed upon rate and staying the night, I was then charged an additional $22 "resort fee", not for using the honors refrigerator or watching a paid movie--it was just an added on fee that "everyone" pays who stays at the Hyatt Monterey.
Stay elsewhere. There are plenty of great hotels in the area that would disclose ALL their fees before you reserve a room.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank L I
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed here as part of a group. The rate was moderate, but the next time we visit the Monterey area we will make sure to select a different hotel.
The GOOD: The room was large and visually pleasant. Bed was comfortable.
The BAD: The room was noisey, had bad lighting & ventilation, sparce amenities, a very small bathroom, and inconsistent maid service.

We stayed in room 2334 in building 23--a 2-story wooden building next to the freeway. Needless to say, it was very noisey. Since the entry door had a 5/8" gap at the bottom, the ROAD NOISE and exhaust smells found their way into our room. Don't stay in these buildings--there are several similar. Our room had been renovated and visually looked OK, however it was not very functional. Certainly whoever designed the room never tried to stay in it.

The A/C did not work and the room was very stuffy and warm even with the sliding door open and ceiling fan on. There was no functional lighting, only small task lights, so there was never enough light. The one chair was so deep that it was even uncomfortable for my husband. We stuffed a bed pillow in the back.

We were there for 3 nights. 6 coat hangers were all that were provided (we asked for more). The maid forgot something each day: hand towels one day, a coffee cup the next day (only 2 paper ones were provided), sugar/creamer/stirer, toiletries/soap was never replaced, & the ice bucket liner was not refilled.

The bathroom was VERY SMALL and cramped. The shower looked good, but it was designed so that it leaked into the floor. Unlike bathrooms in some photos, ours had NO counter space. The sink didn't even have a functional lip. There were no flat spaces for anything. When we arrived I wondered why the windows in other rooms had toiletry bottles on the window ledge, I soon found out why---there was nowhere else to put them! Only one small towel bar & hook--We hung our hand towels from the mirror. Even the toilet paper holder was placed so low on the wall that it was difficult to use. The storage drawer under the sink could only be accessed if you backed up and didn't want to use the sink or see in the mirror.

The dressing area was awkward due to the location of doors. Traffic flow (for just the 2 of us) was difficult. Cabinet doors slammed when closing.

As many people have pointed out, parking is difficult, especially at night. On top of that they charge a resort fee, which I was told is partially for using their parking. WiFi is extra except in lobby, which is a long walk. The piped in music on the walkways is also distracting.

There are many other choices in the Monterey/Carmel area and next time we will try something else.

Room Tip: Do not stay in building 23 unless you like traffic noise and exhaust. It's like being on a freeway!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank turtlez
Reviewed 3 November 2011

O.k. First let me say Monterey has some very nice hotels, so this review may be a little biased because I've stayed at most of them. If the Hyatt was anywhere else I'd have given it better marks but this one really deserves its middle of the pack rating. The location isn't great, but it has a golf course so that may make it ideal for some--when in Monterey I prefer the Cannery Row area or the beach (Pebble or Carmel), so the off-highway location didn't appeal to me. The hotel itself isn't bad, but the rooms (even the upgraded ones overlooking the golf course) are small and bland. Some hotels do understated elegance very well, but not this one--boring would describe it best. I didn't try the restaurant(shame on anyone who eats hotel food in Monterey--with a very few exceptions). On a positive note, the staff was great and they really do try hard to make you happy and that reflects well on the hotel management. Overall, I'd have to say the hotel is rather bland and business-like and ultimately forgettable, which, in Monterey, is not a good thing if you're trying to categorize yourself as a destination type resort. But, the prices are quite reasonable and the staff is decent so you could definately do worse. I sort of recommend it, but not really...if that makes sense. It's definitely not a four star property.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This spa was a great choice for my girlfriend to get her deep tissue massage. We traveled to Monterey for her Bachelorette weekend and scheduled a massage here for her. The service and price was great.
She said her massage was amazing and felt so awesome.
Why they're lacking the fifth star?
They're a little disorganized. We dropped my friend off early. Her appt was at 2:30 pm and we got there around 2:10. They took her away got her in a robe and sandals while we paid and left to run errands. She was waiting in the relaxation room for about 30 min. Mean while they called me asking if we're going to make it to the spa. I told the gentleman on the phone that we already dropped her off and she was checked in early. Her therapist finally comes to find her and tells her that her massage will be cut short due to her being late. When she explained that she'd been waiting - the therapist went downstairs to yell at the front desk. I guess it was a mis-communication between the therapist and the front desk so my girlfriend got her full hour massage.
As well as the fact that when booking the massage, I was under the impression that the other facilities were open to anyone visiting the spa. Such as the hot tub, the gym, the pool, or the relaxation rooms. They're only available to guests of the hotel. Yet I'm spending money in your spa and I can not enjoy anything else? Lame.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank dashn23
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Our company had a 4-day conference with 650+ attendees last year at the Hyatt. It was our best conference yet! The hotel staff were pros and everything ran so smoothly. The grounds overlooking the golf course are beautiful. Our attendees enjoyed the fresh air instead of being indoors in a high-rise hotel the entire time.

More recently I stayed at the on pleasure. This time I got to really enjoy the hotel. I had a fabulous breakfast in Tuscany ... made to order omlet. I also visited the spa and had the best massage on my life! I would certainly go back to enjoy this little slice of heaven!

Room Tip: Overlooking the golf course with a balcony is ideal.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends