You can find better hotels closer to attractions and just overall better location for the same price or better. We had to go here because a friend chose this for a wedding that was close. Otherwise because of their location and price I would have stayed elsewhere.
The rooms need a bit of updating. Bathrooms were nice.
No central air conditioning, they have a large portable air conditioner in the room which is very noisy and is huge!
Rooms close to the road are noisy and give a feeling of not being safe. I like to walk at night after dinner and there was no way I would walk around that area. There was no night life surrounding this hotel. Just not a good location.
Both pools were nice.
They have games near one of the pools and the hotel charges a $25. a day fee for the use of the games and pool which is not included in the hotel price so don't be surprised when you see it on the bill.
The staff were very nice. A big thumbs up to the ladies that cleaned our room!
Overall it is an average hotel, good staff but overpriced for the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca