4 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 30/09/21
Official Hotel
US$229
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$228
Free cancellation until 30/09/21
Hotels.comUS$228
PricelineUS$239
FindHotelUS$228
3,172 results
All reviews main building cannery row nice hotel fisherman's wharf free parking gas fireplace within walking distance downtown monterey pool and hot tub lovely room would stay here again short drive road trip ernie aquarium robes coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

We stayed in a king bed room with fireplace, but with the least preferred window view, obviously, as seen in photo. Bed was very comfortable. The room itself and bathroom were spacious, and everything in room was functional. However, the room can feel a bit stuffy as guests can only set the a/c to 67 degrees as the lowest. I wasn’t able to achieve a very comfortable cooling level- after a warm walk outdoor, active tasks in room, or after a warm bath -reason for one start down.

Room tip: Parking is tight for a large sedan. Book directly on website.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paycationist
Karin Prichard, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Abrego, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2021

Dear Paycationist,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feed back on the AC system and are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us overall. I hope you will come back and visit us again if traveling to Monterey.

Reviewed 22 July 2021

Great place to stay! In a very good location. Easy, free parking. Very clean and well appointed rooms. I especially liked having a fireplace. The beds were comfortable with nice linens. The check in and out process was very efficient.

1  Thank sallylagle
Karin Prichard, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Abrego, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2021

Dear sallylagle,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm very happy to read you enjoyed your room amenities and hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2021

This hotel was recommended by Expedia when looking for a place to stay. The hotel seemed very clean, staff was friendly and able to accommodate our requests at a moment’s notice. The bed was not comfortable, the surface was thin I could feel some springs and it didn’t provide any support. The sheets were perfect and so was everything else!

1  Thank vega102021

Dear vega102021,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Abrego and taking the time to review your stay with us. I appreciate all your kind comments, but am very sorry that the bed was not comfortable for you. I hope you will come back and visit us again if your travels bring you back to Monterey.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2021

Monterey is very popular this summer and it appears room rates throughout the area are reflecting this post covid popularity pop. I have stayed at many properties throughout the years and many are overpriced motel 6's. (not to disparage motel 6-but when you select motel 6 you know what you are getting-- low cost and lower end experience.). Hotel Abrego may not be the cheapest, but for the price point, the experience is fine. Very much on par with a Marriott or Westin type of room. My room was large with a fireplace. 2 Queens, a small table, and a chaise.

I have stayed at the Hotel Abrego before. For the cost, convenience, amenities and room quality, I feel it is a good place to stay. Linens very nice and comfortable. Easy to fall asleep even when my room was on busy Munras. I didn't hear traffic at all. There is no extra charge for internet and parking.

The pool and hot tub are open. The restaurant hasn't reopened but it appears that you can get a glass of wine and snack type foods. Post covid evolution-- call hotel and ask about their food service before you stay.

Rooms have a small fridge cooler to store snacks and drinks. The shower was fine. Be aware we are in severe drought and water flow is purposely restricted. (this has been in affect for years everywhere and not unique to this property). Keurig coffee maker.

Within an easy walk you can find Peet's coffee, Trader Joe's, Denny's, and the wharf. A short drive up Munras is the Del Monte shopping center with a Whole Foods and many other stores and restaurants. A Tesla super charging station is also located at the shopping center.

1  Thank Maureen R

Dear Maureen R,

Thank you very much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We very happy you returned to visit us again and I hope we can welcome you back to Monterey soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2021

This hotel is very beautiful and had a relaxing vibe. A lot of amenities that my son enjoyed and staff was very friendly! A gentleman at the front desk even went as far as sharing fishing hotspots in the area!

Date of stay: June 2021

Dear ashleemarquez,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Hotel Abrego. Ernie loves to talk about fishing so I'm happy you two connected. I hope we can welcome your family back to Monterey soon.

Kind regards,