Munras Inn(Monterey)
US$179
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$133
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

Lone Oak Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$156
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

Ramada by Wyndham Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$149
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

US$269
  • Pool
US$114
US$111
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

Colton Inn(Monterey)
US$218
US$169
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$243/night.

US$319
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmini muffinsfisherman's wharflaundry facilitiessmall poolupstairs roomcannery rowcontinental breakfastking suitecoffee makerminute walkdennis the menace parkstay there againfridge and microwavethe breakfast areabed was comfortablegreat place to stayfree parking
Reviewed 24 April 2016

My husband and I have been on the road for a month by the time we got to Stage Coach Lodge and it gave us the heavenly retreat we needed! The stay could make or break us considering we were physically worn out, and I was initially nervous due to the mix reviews but boy am I glad I went with my instincts to stay here! Extremely value for money - I'd say it's easily one of the best value options in Monterey by far.

The entire complex was charming with an inviting cheery lobby. The room itself was extremely well-kept, clean, tasteful and just excellent by what you would expect for a top-notch inn. The refurbishment exceeded our expectations. Despite our sensitive weary bodies, the massive bed provided wonderful rest for us - comfy mattress, no issues with the pillows or blankets. The bathroom was as clean as I can remember, although the loud toilet flushing could be bothersome to some if used in the night. The kitchenette was chic and well-equipped, a nice touch, you really can't complain!

We slept so well that we decided to sleep in and missed breakfast - but the inn was so well-located that it's just a short 5-10 minute drive to the key Monterey sights i.e. Cannery Row and Fisherman's Wharf where great dining establishments are plenty!

Wifi was spotty during the peak periods understandably as the inn was sold out - so we avoided using wifi those times and only logged in after 10pm which turned out perfect for us! Parking was easy and in the same area as the pool if you'd like a dip!

I'll say anyone who gives less than 4 or 5 stars likely had mismanaged expectations and in all relative terms, staying at Stage Coach Lodge is the perfect escapade for anyone spending a night or two in Monterey or passing through to SF from SoCal!

Room Tip: Use wifi during non-peak hours!
3  Thank S6659QCjanl
Reviewed 22 April 2016

Overall wonderful experience! Quick check-in, clean and spacious room! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms looked like they were recently updated and they were very comfortable. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank nattie1824
Reviewed 22 April 2016

First thought as I arrived was that it was a nice area. The lobby was very clean, loved that. Staff was very helpful and very accommodating. Service is great and the location is perfect distance to downtown Monterey, to the fisherman's wharf and to the aquarium! The room was very clean and spacious! They provided a microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker, although I didn't use any of it. There's free Wifi but the service was a bit slow to me. Bed was very comfy although the issue i had was that bedsheets was a bit weird as they simply laid a thin sheet over the mattress as to putting in a fitted sheet. I would prefer better blankets. TBH i don't ever use any of the hotels comforters... as i think they hardly wash the comforters..
The restroom is small but doable, only thing i didn't like was the towels. The towel had waaay too much lint! I found lints all over my body as i dried off... the smaller towels were much better use.
Other than the small issues, the hotel rate is very affordable! Would definitely recommend this place if anybody decides to visit Monterey.

1  Thank Maxine N
Reviewed 20 April 2016

I do a lot of research before I go anywhere on holidays and I feel I let myself down booking this place. I thought the hotel rate via their website was the best but it seemed they had been a little too generous with the exchange rate so it cost more than booking it through one of the external websites. When we arrived we were told we were lucky that they had held onto the room due to an issue with my credit card expiration date. I pointed out that I had rung the hotel when I got my new card to confirm the new expiration date and had spoken to a lady who even reissued an email in an effort to confirm the changes had been made. I was told the only reason they had held onto the room was because we were staying two nights and coming from overseas. Wow, imagine how I would have felt if they had let the room go.

Anyway when we got into the room I discovered hairs in the bath I went and got the receptionist immediately so that I could show her. She apologised and we said we did not want the cleaner to get into trouble but I wanted to show her the issue rather than the property reading about it on here. The pillows were the hardest I felt in any of the properties on our trip. Each bed had one flat pillow and one double height pillow both of which were incredibly uncomfortable. My asthma started to play up almost immediately and I realised the bathroom and bedroom were extremely dusty. When we spoke to a gentleman about this the next day we explained the issue and showed him the problem. He said he would have the room deep cleaned. At this point I also asked if he had feather pillows he said no and explained that on polling their customers they decided to go with firm pillows. It might be an idea to also keep some soft/feather pillows on standby for other customers. When we came back to the room later it did feel a lot fresher and some black mould on the ceiling over the bath seemed to have been cleaned away. My husband had grabbed some breakfast and brought it back to the room, for the price we were paying for this hotel, I was extremely disappointed - the coffee was really weak and the Danishes were so squashed they were as flat as pancakes. I was very disappointed by the position and size of the pool, it is right next to the entrance to the hotel and was so small that there are no sun loungers and no room for them. One plus side to this property are the laundry facilities.

I wouldn’t stay here again because I don’t feel a room should be deep cleaned it should be cleaned thoroughly each day. It would be a benefit to future customers to provide a soft pillow in each wardrobe for those customers who don’t like firm/hard pillows.

1  Thank LondonIrishlass
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Loved this hotel. It was exactly as described. Rooms looked like they'd been updated, which looks great. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Great location easy to get to. Walking distance from the wharf about 20 min. Breakfast was nice standard continental, would have liked some protein either yogurt or hard boiled eggs would have been perfect. Also a little chilly for swimming, would have liked if pool heated this time of year. Would come back again and recommend to everyone.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family