All reviews indoor pool room was clean continental breakfast breakfast area stay there again hard boiled eggs coffee maker nice stay great place to stay short drive one night stay road trip free parking cannery row fairgrounds microwave cereal
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Very cosy modern place. Every thing is new, clean and spacious. We had 6 of us in family suite and we fitted comfortably. Our suite has a separate room and there were closets and TV in both rooms. Wi-Fi connection is great!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

I cannot even begin to show my gratitude for such a luxurious motel. So much so that I’m writing this review before I have even finished my stay. At first, my family and I were a little skeptical of motels but I am happy to say that El Castell has proven me wrong. We always stay at Embassy’s, Holiday Inn’s, and others, throughout all our vacations. Visiting Monterey for its excursions made us want to mix it up a little bit. With the help of excellent TripAdvisor reviews for El Castell, it further helped the decision. The room it self is quite mind-blowing to say the least. On the outside, it looked in disrepair, with flies everywhere. But as you walk inside, you realize that obviously it’s what’s inside that counts. I assume newly renovated, with an extravagant bathroom (MAKEUP REMOVER WIPES INCLUDED), and plenty of technological amenities, El Castell really attempts to treat their guests with cozy housekeeping. Along with the room, the staff is just as attentive as any other high-end inn. Downside though, I really do suggest a renovation for the outside. Overall, nice work!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2018

We had two rooms for our family. We always like to stay here. This trip our floors were so dirty our feet were black just walking around our room. My grandson had dirty black hands knees and feet from crawling around.

Room Tip: Floors need to be mopped.
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Great room with 3rd bed and all smart and comfortable. Handy having sink area outside of bathroom for 5 of us! Kids loved pool and adults loved the sheltered sun bathing area adjacent. Breakfast easy and did the job. Good location to quickly get to freeway and explore or just walk 1km down to coast path.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

The property looked like it had just gone through a remodel. Paint was fresh rooms looked good, but doorframes to the bathroom was rotten and painted over. There were no available ways to hang a wet towel after a shower, and of the rooms in the suite, the room that was supposed to be private the door does not lock, but a lock is there. The emergency door stopper that was in place wouldn't keep anyone out of my room if they wanted to get into the room.

Room Tip: The room was very comfortsble and clean. Upgrades look upgraded, but are painted over rotten wood.