“Great movie choices”

Ranked #7 of 10 Fun & Games in Monterey
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

It doesn't matter what time of year, we can always find a movie we haven't seen. Since we live 30 mins away, it a great place to get a meal and watch a movie. We also shop between eating and the movies.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

The theater itself is quite nice, and I have enjoyed a number of movies there before; unfortunately, during my last visit the workers were all extremely rude and disrespectful. I would still give the theater a chance as it itself is of quality, but I recommend engaging in as little interaction with the workers as possible.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

We returned to go to the movie. The projection and sound systems are ok. The chairs are comfortable, however cloth. There is a snack bar. The theaters show recent releases and is at Del Monte Shopping Center.

Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

My wife go here a lot and seems that almost always, only one side of the concession aisle is open. We last went there on the Friday of the long Thanksgiving weekend. Again, only one side of the concession aisle was open. The line was out the front door. On top of that being closed, there was only one out of the four cash registers was open. I spoke to the manager and was informed that the popcorn machine was not working on one of the sides. I understand broken equipment but I don't understand why only one register and why the other side wasn't open for at least hot dogs, drinks and candy.
The theater is usually very clean and comfortable but it seems that the management wasn't making full use of their working assets.

1  Thank HarryEOD
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 October 2015

It's a standard Cinemark/Century Theatres multiplex with 13 screens (was that a good idea?). It has the latest releases, including 3D versions, and the concession stand has all the standard offerings -- beverages, candy, frozen treats, popcorn, et al. Complaining about the prices of drinks and food is rather silly, I think. It's always been that way at big movie houses, and that's how the theater owners really make their money, not from ticket sales. Parking can be scarce on weekend evenings and holidays, so get there well ahead of showtimes if you're going to the movies on such occasions.