Munras Inn(Monterey)
US$179
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$201/night.

US$269
US$259
Hampton.com
Monterey Marriott(Monterey)
US$289
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$330/night.

Ramada by Wyndham Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$149
Colton Inn(Monterey)
US$229
US$169
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$240/night.

US$114
US$111
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

Lone Oak Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$381
US$301
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$126
Priceline
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$164/night.

US$319
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree parkingcannery rowgreat locationpancake machinefree breakfastwine and cheesewithin walking distancethe breakfast areafisherman's wharfunderground garagecrackerswould definitely stay here againyogurtyour luggagefirst floorstayed here for two nightsbike path
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Great location, short walk to lots of restaurants, aquarium and wharf (where we left for whale watching tour). Rooms nice and clean, our room had a sort of sea view (through some trees). Hotel staff very polite and friendly. Free cheese and wine hour between 5.30 and 6.30 a nice extra (specially as wine over here is so expensive).

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
BaysideHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Monterey - Cannery Row, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Thanks for reviewing our property! I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of our location and wine and cheese reception, and that you were able to go whale watching. Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you again the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Centrally located on Cannery Row. Easy walking to the Aquarium, the Wharf and restaurants. My second time staying here. The rooms are clean, always updated. The grounds are clean and well maintained. The staff was always helpful and polite. I will stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 29 March 2018

This is a great location in a beautiful area of California. Driving down Wave St. the hotel is easy to miss. Free parking under the building was a plus. Checking was smooth with courteous employees at the front desk. I was assigned a room on the first floor with windows facing Foam St. As soon as I closed the door I could tell I wasn’t going to be happy with all the traffic noise. Cars, trucks and motorcycles constantly zooming by and quiet load.

My room was small, but had a comfortable king bed. The bathroom was very small and I thought, “this is definitely a room for one person.” I turned on the faucet in the sink and very little water came out. When I shaved in the morning, I had to rinse my razor in the tub. The shower also was quiet poor, definitely not enough water coming out to wash your hair.

This hotel has an odd configuration. The rooms are built around a courtyard, so you hear a lot of noise from people talking as they are coming in, children running around and doors slamming. Lot of noises coming from who knows where.

Small cheese and wine reception in the evening was nice and the usual HIE breakfast was good, but tables set up in the lobby are not sufficient for the number of people.

I was expecting more.

Room Tip: Don’t get a room on Foam St.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Monterey - Cannery Row, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Hi Woodpecker48,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. While it is great to know that you were able to appreciate our location, staff service, and breakfast among the others, I was concerned to see your disappointment with our room, water pressure, and noise insulation just to name a few.

We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay and your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Great location and a really nice staff, unfortunately it is really noisy. Traffic and most annoying are the Doors slamming. Why is it that poor hotels cant set there closers to close without slamming. Not to mention the clientele this hotel seems to carer to is the party all night crowd. Too bad, we have been here over 4 times before and was much nicer. Maybe we were lucky and in a nicer room.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff M
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Monterey - Cannery Row, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hi Jeff M,

Thank you for your stay and for leaving a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely important as this will help us to achieve our mission to provide the perfect guest experience. It is good to know that you found our location to be convenient. Thank you as well for noting our nice staff.

However, it is saddening to know that you perceived the noise level in the property too high. I regret any inconvenience the room may have caused. This is definitely not the type of hotel experience we wanted for our guests to have. In line with this, I have sent you a private message to obtain more information regarding your stay.

Again, I appreciate your comments and I hope to hear from you soon.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a few nights on a trip to Monterey. It’s in a great location, Cannery Row/Fisherman’s Wharf/the aquarium are all in walking distance and free parking is a major plus. The room was basic but clean and comfortable. Breakfast is provided but is also very basic. Major complaint would be the huge amount of single use plastics at breakfast, surely there is a more environmentally friendly option!?

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family